Selleys Pro Series Adhesive/Sealant
Suitable for bonding and sealing common building materials
- hi-performance flexible bonding
- tough sealant
- durable weatherproofing
- fast curing and non-shrinking
- outdoor and indoor use
- solvent and PVC free
- 410g cartridge
- 840g sausage
- Natbuild outlets
- HBT outlets
- Building suppliers
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
As an adhesive:
- Lightweight construction materials
- Cover plates, gaskets and coverings
- Acoustic ceiling tiles
- Floor mouldings and door siles
- Wood, metal, or plastic windows and door frames
As a sealant:
- Ventilation ducts, roofing, gutters and spouts
- Flexible draught proofing
- Sealing duct, pipe, and other penetrations in walls and floors
- Fastened/riveted lap joints, flanges, crimped and interlocking surfaces
- Window and door perimeters
- Joints in tiled, concrete floors and parking lots
What materials is this product suitable for?
- ceramic tile
- soft wood
- plastics (not polypropylene or polyethylene)
How to use this product
- Surface must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease, release agents, dust and loose material.
- Completely perforate the metal seal inside the cartridge nipple, trim nozzle and fit onto cartridge. Insert into caulking gun.
As an adhesive:
- Apply a bead or small blobs of adhesive on the surface. Assemble parts together and clamp firmly to hold until cured.
- Remove excess adhesive immediately. After drying, any excess adhesive can only be removed mechanically.
- Initial bond achieved in 24 hours depending on temperature and humidity. Bond strength increases over a few days.
As a sealant:
- Mask edges if required. Extrude sealant into the joint such that it is in full contact with the sides of the joint. Avoid overlapping of sealant to eliminate entrapment of air.
- Smooth sealant with spatula forcing the sealant into the joint for better contact with the sides of the substrate.
- Sanding and painting is possible after curing. Pre-testing paint is recommended.
- For easier gunning store at approx 20°C in cold weather
- For best performance, install backing rod (polyethylene or polyurethane foam rod) in joint to control sealant depth and ensure free movement* of sealant in joints. Remove masking tape before sealant skins.
- The product contains organic isocyanate polymer (MDI) & is classified as hazardous according to criteria of NOHSC and HSNO. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
- Safety directions: May cause sensitisation by skin contact.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep out of reach of children.
- First Aid: For advice contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUST 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Give a glass of water.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
Storage and re-use
- Shelf life / Storage: 12 months in unopened cartridges in cool, dry conditions (below 30°C).
- Opened cartridges should be used up as soon as possible. For temporary storage leave nozzle attached, remove nozzle and expel cured sealant from nozzle before re-use.