Selleys Liquid Nails Clear
SELLEYS LIQUID NAILS Clear eliminates unsightly mess caused by conventional brown construction adhesives. It dries clear and blends with the surrounding surface, making it ideal where a fine finish is important.
- Clear bond line – Dries clear and hides imperfect or smudged applications.
- No mess application – ideal in situations involving multiple joints where the appearance of give can be unsightly.
- Strong bond to most building substances.
- UV resistant – does not discolour in sunlight.
- Suitable for interior & exterior applications..
- Big W
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Coles (Tube)
- Woolworths (Tube)
- Lincraft (Tube)
- Clark Rubber (Tube)
Where can this product be used?
Creating mosaics Mouldings and trims
- Moulding and trims
- Skirting boards
- Particle board to masonry surfaces
- Tasks where nailing is not desirable
- For sheet timber flooring to falt surfaces LIQUID NAILS High Strength is recommended.
- Not suitable for use for polyethylene and polypropylene.
- Bonds are not water resistant. Protect bonds from water penetration if used in enterior applications.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Concrete and Masonry
- Tiles and ceramics
- Most plastic – pre test plastic to determine compatibility
How to use this product
- Ensure the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from dust, grease, oil and loose powdery materials. If porous surfaces are greasy or dirty, we would recommend cleaning the surface with SELLEYS LIQUID SUGAR SOAP, and allow to dry. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpetine and then again with Methylated Spirits, and allow to dry. If there is old difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS KWIK STRIP SMART, and allow to dry. Surfaces should not be visibly wet or constantly damp. Oily timber types may need to be wiped with solvent prior to application to remove surface oils.
- We also recommend sanding the surface back with a good quality sanding block, such as a ROTA COTA Sanding Block Medium/ Course grain, as the construction adhesive will adhere more readily to a scratched up surface.
- Cut the seal at the top of the cartridge. Cut the nozzle end to desired opening (approx. 5mm diameter). Fit to the top of the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into a caulking gun such as SELLEYS LIGHT SPEED Caulking gun. We recommend SELLEYS LIGHT SPEED Caulking Gun, as its new innovative pressure release design reduces the mess which results from run on and stress on your hands, which is critical if you are doing a lot of work which requires a caulking gun.
- Apply a nead of product along the length of the joist, stud or batten. On broad flat surfaces apply beads every 40cm.
- Bring surfaces together as soon as possible (within the first 10 minutes)
- Fix the surfaces with sufficient nails, screws or clamping to hold load and achieve contact over the total bond area.
- Allow the adhesive to set (at least 24 hours) before removing any temporary fasteners or clamping.
- For faster grab, apply to one surface only, press together and pull apart. Allow surfaces to dry slightly (15 minutes – 1 hour) before firmly joining.
- For porous substrates, a good bond strength is achieved after 24 hours and will continue to strengthen over a 2-3 day period. The time it takes to form a strong bond depends on the nature and conditions of the application. In cold or damp weather and between non porous materials, the drying time is greatly extended.
- When the product is still wet it can be removed with mineral turpetine, otherwise if the product is dry it can be removed by sanding or scraping, we recommend using a 50mm ROTA COTA Soft Grip Scraper. Clean any excess from your hands with SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes.
- Liquid Nails Clear can be painted over immediately after skinning.
Tips for Using a Liquid Nails
- Faster results are achieved when at least one surface is porous.
- LIQUID NAILS CLEAR should always be used in conjuction with mechanical fasteners in structural, critical or high stress applications.
- When applying to one surface, ensure sufficient LIQUID NAILS is used so that some adhesive extrudes out when surfaces are brought together then wipe off excess if necessary. If glue is not visible, then insufficient contact may not have been made between the surfaces and a weak joint may result.
- LIQUID NAILS CLEAR shrinks slighly on curing.
- Good ventilation is recommended during both application and curing of LIQUID NAILS CLEAR
- When Liquid Nails Clear joints are directly exposed to the weather, it is recommended to seal around the edges with a slilicone sealant to prevent water ponding inside the joint and thus weaken the joint.
- LIQUID NAILS CLEAR is NOT recommended for use on mirrors or polystyrene. Use LIQUID NAILS MIRROR METAL GLASS for mirrors and LIQUID NAILS FAST for polystyrene.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning any material off the skin before it cures. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
- If in eyes, flood the eyes for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin, if contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with detergent. It may irrtate sensitive skin.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Keep away from children.
Storage and re-use
- Store in a cool place.
- The adhesive should be used within 6 months after opening.
- After use keep the nozzle on the cartridge
- If the adhesive is going to be used again within a few days, leave the nozzle on and merely extrude approximately 2 cm of product before storing the cartridge upright. This will cure to a plug which can easily be pulled out when required.
- Liquid Nails Clear is a solvent based co-polymer adhesive that dries by solvent evaporation. Wrapping the nozzle in aluminium foil and sealing tightly with tape can prevent evaporation for longer storage.
Selleys Kwik Strip Smart paint & varnish stripper has been specially developed to be the safer choice for interior use. This product will penetrate through multiple layers in one application...
Selleys Original Sugar Soap is a powerful liquid household cleaner which is effective in removing grease, grime and dirt from household surfaces. It can be diluted with water or used neat. Also...
An easy to use, light-weight yet high strength caulking gun providing total comfort and control.