NEW Selleys Ezi Press Liquid Nails Fast
Selleys Ezi Press Liquid Nails Fast water based high strength construction adhesive is the NEW easy to use application system that does not require a caulking gun. Simply apply at the press of a lever. Perfect for sticking materials together such as architraves and skirting.
- No caulking gun required
- Easily applied with a press of a lever
- Flow control for precise application and finish with no run on
- Fast grab minimises slippage when adhering on vertical surfaces and minimises the need to support joints while it cures.
- Water based, so it is faster to clean up. Less mess and fuss.
- Low odour making it ideal for indoor jobs.
- Heat resistant meaning the integrity of the bond will remain when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Strong bond – which will cope with shrinkage and thermal movement, so you know the job will last.
- Paintable after 12 hours.
- Cures and works best on porous surfaces, which makes it ideal for sticking wall panels to masonry.
- Doesn’t drip, sag or string, so there is less mess when you are using the product
- Bridges gaps on rough and ill fitting construction material
- Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon or silicone.
- 130g can
- Mitre 10
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
Timber panels to walls and frames
polystyrene files to ceilings
Perfect for indoor projects:
- Timber panelling to walls
- Skirting boards
- Styrene foam panels and blocks
- Particle board to masonry surfaces
- Tasks where nailing is not desirable
- For sheet timber flooring to flat surfaces LIQUID NAILS High Strength is recommended.
- Not suitable for use for polyethylene and polypropylene.
- Bonds are not water resistant. Protect bonds from water penetration if used in exterior applications.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Rubber & Glass
- Skirting boards
- Polystyrene Foam
- Concrete and Masonry
- Tiles and ceramics
- Most plastic – pre test plastic to determine compatibility
How to use this product
- Ensure the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from dust, grease, oil and loose powdery materials. If porous surfaces are greasy or dirty, we would recommend cleaning the surface with SELLEYS LIQUID SUGAR SOAP, and allow to dry. If the surface is non-porous eg metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpetine and then again with Methylated Spirits, and allow to dry. Surfaces should not be visibly wet or constantly damp. Oily timber types may need to be wiped with solvent prior to application to remove surface oils.
- We also recommend sanding the surface back with a good quality sanding block, as the construction adhesive will adhere more readily to a scratched up surface.
- Remove tab lock and nozzle cap. Twist collar clockwise towards MAX and adjust between MIN and MAX to control flow.
- Simply press lever gently to dispense filler to surface.
- On broad flat surfaces apply beads every 40cm,
on smaller surfaces apply dots.
- Bring surfaces together as soon as possible (within first 5 mins). Fix with sufficient nails, screws or clamping to hold load.
- Clean up with a damp cloth, twist collar back to
MIN and replace nozzle cap.
- Allow the adhesive to set (at least 24 hours) before removing any temporary fasteners or clamping.
- For higher initial grab, apply to one surface only, press together and pull apart. Allow to dry for up to 5 min (no longer) before firmly joining.
- For porous substrates, a good bond strength is achieved after 24 hours and will continue to strengthen over a 2-3 day period. The time it takes to form a strong bond depends on the nature and conditions of the application. In cold or damp weather and between non porous materials, the drying time is greatly extended.
- When the product is still wet it can be removed with warm soapy water or a damp cloth, otherwise if the product is dry it can be removed by sanding or scraping.
- Faster curing is achieved when at least one surface is porous.
- LIQUID NAILS FAST should always be used in conjuction with mechanical fasteners in structural, critical or high stress applications.
- Cured LIQUID NAILS FAST residues can be removed by rubbing with Acetone. This may take a few minutes to penetrate.
- LIQUID NAILS FAST shrinks slightly on curing.
- High humidity and low temperatures can both significantly slow the cure rate of LIQUID NAILS FAST especially when used on non-porous surfaces.
- When Liquid Nails Fast joints are directly exposed to the weather, it is recommended to seal around the edges with a silicone sealant to prevent water ponding inside the joint and thus weakening the joint.
- When applying to one surface, ensure sufficient LIQUID NAILS FAST is used so that some adhesive extrudes out when surfaces are brought together. Then wipe off excess if necessary. If glue is not visible, then insufficient contact may not have been made between the surfaces and a weak joint may result.
- LIQUID NAILS FAST is NOT recommended for use on mirrors. Use LIQUID NAILS MIRROR METAL GLASS for this application.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning any material off the skin before it cures.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- If in eyes, flood the eyes for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin, if contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with detergent.
- It may irrtate sensitive skin.
- Wash hands after use.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to our Material Safety Data Sheet
Storage and re-use
- Store in cool, dry conditions between +5 and +25°C.
- The adhesive should be used within 6 months after opening.
- After use keep cap on nozzle.
- Uncured LIQUID NAILS FAST is sensitive to extremes of heat and cold. It should not be allowed to be frozen or heated during storage.
WARNING. May burst if heated. Pressured dispenser. Protect from sunlight and do not expose to remperatures exceeding 50°C. Do not pierce or burn can, even after use.
Selleys Ezi Press 3 in 1 Adhesive, Sealant and Filler is the NEW easy to use application system that does not require a caulking gun. Simply apply at the press of a lever. Perfect for virtually...
Selleys Ezi Press Wet Area silicone is the NEW easy to use application system that does not require a caulking gun. Simply apply at the press of a lever. Perfect for sealing jobs in wet area such...
Selleys Ezi Press No More Gaps Multipurpose filler is the NEW easy to use application system that does not require a caulking gun. Simply apply at the press of a lever. Perfect for filling gaps...