Selleys Liquid Nails Fast
A water based high strength construction adhesive with the benefit of faster application, which minimises the need to support joints while the adhesive cures.
The new formula delivers 2x stronger initial hold compared with the previous formulation.
- Fast grab minimises slippage when adhering on vertical surfaces and minimises the need to support joints while it cures.
- Water based, so it is faster to clean up. Less mess and fuss.
- Low odour making it ideal for indoor jobs.
- Heat resistant meaning the integrity of the bond will remain when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Strong bond – which will cope with shrinkage and thermal movement, so you know the job will last.
- Paintable when dry, to give you a neat, quality finished job
- Cures and works best on porous surfaces, which makes it ideal for sticking wall panels to masonry.
- Doesn’t drip, sag or string, so there is less mess when you are using the product
- Meets or exceeds requirements specified by Australian Standard AS 2329-1999.
- Bridges gaps on rough and ill fitting construction material
- Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon or silicone.
- 420g Cartridge
- 95g Tube
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Coles (Tube)
- Woolworths (Tube)
- Inspirations Paint & Colour
- Paint Place
- Dulux Trade Centres
- Lincraft (Tube)
- Clark Rubber
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
Timber panels to walls and frames
polystyrene files to ceilings
Perfect for indoor projects:
- Timber panelling to walls
- Skirting boards
- Styrene foam panels and blocks
- Particle board to masonry surfaces
- Tasks where nailing is not desirable
- For sheet timber flooring to flat surfaces LIQUID NAILS High Strength is recommended.
- Not suitable for use for polyethylene and polypropylene.
- Bonds are not water resistant. Protect bonds from water penetration if used in exterior applications.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Styrene Foam
- Concrete and Masonry
- Tiles and ceramics
- Most plastic – pre test plastic to determine compatibility
How to use this product
- Ensure the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from dust, grease, oil and loose powdery materials. If porous surfaces are greasy or dirty, we would recommend cleaning the surface with SELLEYS LIQUID SUGAR SOAP, and allow to dry. If the surface is non-porous eg metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpetine and then again with Methylated Spirits, and allow to dry. If there is old difficult to remove residue such as old flaky paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS KWIK STRIP SMART. Surfaces should not be visibly wet or constantly damp. Oily timber types may need to be wiped with solvent prior to application to remove surface oils.
- We also recommend sanding the surface back with a good quality sanding block, such as a ROTA COTA Sanding Block Medium/ Course grain, as the construction adhesive will adhere more readily to a scratched up surface.
- Cut the seal at the top of the cartridge. Cut the nozzle end to desired opening (approx. 5mm diameter). Fit to the top of the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into a caulking gun such as SELLEYS LIGHT SPEED Caulking gun. We recommend SELLEYS LIGHT SPEED Caulking Gun, as its new innovative pressure release design reduces the mess which results from run on and stress on your hands, which is critical if you are doing a lot of work which requires a caulking gun.
- Apply a bead of product along the length of the joist, stud or batten. On broad flat surfaces apply beads every 40cm.
- Bring surfaces together as soon as possible (within the first 5 minutes).
- Fix the surfaces with sufficient nails, screws or clamping to hold load and achieve contact over the total bond area.
- Allow the adhesive to set (at least 24 hours) before removing any temporary fasteners or clamping.
- For higher initial grab, apply to one surface only, press together and pull apart. Allow to dry for up to 5 min (no longer) before firmly joining.
- For porous substrates, a good bond strength is achieved after 24 hours and will continue to strengthen over a 2-3 day period. The time it takes to form a strong bond depends on the nature and conditions of the application. In cold or damp weather and between non porous materials, the drying time is greatly extended.
- When the product is still wet it can be removed with warm soapy water or a damp cloth, otherwise if the product is dry it can be removed by sanding or scraping. we recommend using a 50mm ROTA COTA Soft Grip Scraper. Clean any excess from your hands with SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes.
Tips for Using a Liquid Nails
- Faster curing is achieved when at least one surface is porous.
- LIQUID NAILS FAST should always be used in conjuction with mechanical fasteners in structural, critical or high stress applications.
- Cured LIQUID NAILS FAST residues can be removed by rubbing with Acetone. This may take a few minutes to penetrate.
- LIQUID NAILS FAST shrinks slightly on curing.
- High humidity and low temperatures can both significantly slow the cure rate of LIQUID NAILS FAST especially when used on non-porous surfaces.
- When Liquid Nails Fast joints are directly exposed to the weather, it is recommended to seal around the edges with a silicone sealant to prevent water ponding inside the joint and thus weakening the joint.
- When applying to one surface, ensure sufficient LIQUID NAILS FAST is used so that some adhesive extrudes out when surfaces are brought together. Then wipe off excess if necessary. If glue is not visible, then insufficient contact may not have been made between the surfaces and a weak joint may result.
- LIQUID NAILS FAST is NOT recommended for use on mirrors. Use LIQUID NAILS MIRROR METAL GLASS for this application.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning any material off the skin before it cures. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
- If in eyes, flood the eyes for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin, if contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with detergent. It may irrtate sensitive skin.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Keep away from children.
Storage and re-use
- Store in a cool place.
- The adhesive should be used within 6 months after opening.
- After use keep the nozzle on the cartridge
- Liquid Nails Fast is a water based acrylic adhesive that dries by water evaporation. Sealing the nozzle with placsticene or Blu Tac the wrapping the nozzle in aluminium foil and sealing tightly with tape can prevent evaporation for longer storage.
- Uncured LIQUID NAILS FAST is sensitive to extremes of heat and cold. It should not be allowed to be frozen or heated during storage.
Selleys Kwik Strip Smart paint & varnish stripper has been specially developed to be the safer choice for interior use. This product will penetrate through multiple layers in one application...
Selleys Original Sugar Soap is a powerful liquid household cleaner which is effective in removing grease, grime and dirt from household surfaces. It can be diluted with water or used neat. Also...
An easy to use, light-weight yet high strength caulking gun providing total comfort and control.