Selleys Fix & Go Araldite 5 Minute
A fast setting strong and durable two part epoxy, general purpose adhesive. Mixed product gels in 5 minutes. Initial bonding is achieved in 20 minutes with maximum bond strength after 16 hours.
- Araldite is stronger than other glues due to the chemical reaction of the two parts
- Bonds a variety of surfaces
- Dries Clear
- Quick setting in 5 minutes
- No clamping necessary
- Moderate water resistance
- Forms a rigid, durable bond
- Can be used for gap filling (surfaces need not mate closely)
- Good chemical resistance
- 24mL Syringe
- 8mL (2 × 4mL) Tubes
- Clear with slight yellow tinge
Where to Buy
Where can this product be used?
- Bakelite – joining or repairing
- Bonding shells, stones or pebbles to decorate bottles, lamps, bricks or garden pots
- Repairing splits or cracks in tennis racket
- Repairing metal toys
- Not suitable for bonding plastics such as Polypropylene and Polyethylene
- Bond strength weakens above 65°C but strength is regained when temperature drops
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Rigid Plastic
How to use this product
- Before applying the Araldite mixture, all surfaces MUST be thoroughly clean and dry.
- All traces of grease, rust paint, etc. should be removed.
- For best results smooth surfaces should be roughened by mechanical abrasion after solvent cleaning.
- Onto a clean, disposable surface (e.g. polyethylene or cardboard), dispense equal volumes of Part A and Part B. Thoroughly mix together with a spatula, nail or stick. When using the tubes it is essential to use the correct mixing ratio, i.e. 1 part each
- Apply adhesive immediately to both surfaces and press together. Clamping is not necessary, but allow bond to remain undisturbed for at least 20 minutes. Scrape off excess adhesive and wipe mixing utensils immediately.
- When using the Araldite 5ml Everyday tube, ensure correct caps are replaced on each tube or they will harden.
- For maximum working time, mix in small quantities. Large quantities accelerate the curing process and reduce working time.
- To extend product life replace caps immediately after use. Ensure you wipe excess from nozzle with a tissue dipped in acetone (or nail polish remover) before replacing the caps.
- When using the tube variant, ensure you replace the correct cap on the correct tube. Placing the wrong cap on the wrong tube will cause the tube to harden. (lids and tubes are colour coded to help)
- Wipe off any uncured araldite with acetone or nail polish remover.
- To remove product after cure, mechanical action (scraping or sanding) is recommended. Since the product is chemically resistant solvent will NOT dissolve this product.
- To reposition the bond once cured, check that the item is heat resistant. If safe, heat the item slowly, e.g. in an oven, to at least 150oC. The product will soften and liquify slightly. Scrape off any excess then reposition the joint carefully using appropriate safety equipment. Allow the item to cool down in the correct position. The product will reharden once returned to room temperature.
- Clamping is recommended for a stronger bond.
- Keep a box of Selleys Sugar Soap Wipes around for quick & effective clean up.
- For cleaning surfaces prior to application of adhesive, if the surface is porous, we would recommend using Selleys Liquid Sugar Soap. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Methylated Spirits. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product.
- Avoid contact with the skin and eyes.
- Avoid breathing vapour.
- Do not use solvents near eyes or open wounds.
- In case of contact with eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
- Non toxic when set.
- For further information refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Storage and re-use
- Ensure caps are replaced and product stored in a cool dry place.