Selleys Araldite Ultra Clear
A strong and durable, fast setting two part epoxy adhesive that dries crystal clear making it ideal for areas where an invisible bond is required. Mixed product gels in 5 minutes. Initial bonding is achieved in 20 minutes with maximum bond strength after 16 hours. Weather and yellowing resistant. Shock resistant.
- Araldite is stronger than other glues due to the chemical reaction of the two parts.
- Bonds a variety of surfaces
- Dries Crystal Clear so there’s no visible evidence of repair
- Quick setting in 5 minutes
- No clamping necessary
- High water resistance
- Forms a rigid, durable bond
- Can be used for gap filling (Surfaces need not mate closely)
- Good chemical resistance
- Heat Resistant
- Doesn’t yellow over time so is ideal for use on glassware
- Tube Kits:
- 8mL (2×4mL)
- 35mL (2×17.5mL)
- Crystal Clear
Where to buy
- Thrifty Link
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Big W
- Selected Auto Retailers
Where can this product be used?
- Fixing a broken glass vase
- Repairing jewellery
- Toy repairs
- Fixing ornaments or crockery
- Fixing your handbag strap
- Not suitable for bonding plastics such as Polypropylene and Polyethylene or for use on polystyrene
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Rigid Plastic – refer to Selleys plastic guide for more info
How to use this product
- Before applying the Araldite mixture, all surfaces MUST be thoroughly clean and dry.
- All traces of grease, rust paint, etc. should be removed.
- For best results smooth surfaces should be roughened by mechanical abrasion after solvent cleaning.
- Onto a clean, disposable surface (e.g. polyethylene or cardboard), dispense equal volumes of Part A and Part B. Thoroughly mix together with a spatula, nail or stick. When using the tubes it is essential to use the correct mixing ratio, i.e. 1 part each
- Apply adhesive immediately to both surfaces and press together. Clamping is not necessary, but allow bond to remain undisturbed for at least 20 minutes. Scrape off excess adhesive and wipe mixing utensils immediately.
- When using tube kit, ensure correct caps are replaced on each tube or they will adhere.
- A useful solvent to clean up epoxy and polyester resins BEFORE they are cured can be prepared by mixing 2 parts toluene with 1 part alcohol (eg methylated spirits or denatured alcohol).
- Clamping is recommended for a stronger bond.
- For maximum working time, mix in small quantities. Large quantities accelerate the curing process and reduce working time.
- To extend product life replace caps immediately after use.
- When using the tube variant, ensure you replace the correct cap on the correct tube. Placing the wrong cap on the wrong tube will cause the tube to harden. (lids and tubes are colour coded to help)
- Wipe off any uncured araldite with acetone or nail polish remover.
- To remove product after cure, mechanical action (scraping or sanding) is recommended. Since the product is chemically resistant solvent will NOT dissolve this product.
- To reposition the bond once cured, check that the item is heat resistant. If safe, heat the item slowly, e.g. in an oven, to at least 150oC. The product will soften and liquify slightly. Scrape off any excess then reposition the joint carefully using appropriate safety equipment. Allow the item to cool down in the correct position. The product will reharden once returned to room temperature.
- Keep a box of Selleys Sugar Soap Wipes around for quick & effective clean up
- For cleaning surfaces prior to application of adhesive, if the surface is porous, we would reccomend using Selleys Liquid Sugar Soap. If the surfact is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Methylated Spirits. If there is old difficult to remove residue such as oold paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as Selleys Kwik Strip Smart. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product.
- Avoid contact with the skin and eyes.
- Avoid breathing vapour.
- Do not use solvents near eyes or open wounds.
- In case of contact with eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
- Non toxic when set.
Storage and re-use
- Ensure caps or lids are replaced and product stored in a cool dry place.
A fast setting strong and durable two part epoxy, general purpose adhesive. Mixed product gels in 5 minutes. Initial bonding is achieved in 20 minutes with maximum bond strength after 16 hours.
A two part epoxy adhesive that bonds with maximum strength. Mixed product gels in 2 hours. Initial bonding is achieved in 6-8 hours with maximum bond strength strength after 3 days.
A very fast setting two part epoxy adhesive. Initial bonding achieved in 90 seconds with maximum bond strength after 16 hours.