Selleys Shoe Glue
A strong, weather and impact resistant adhesive that is ideal for most shoe repairs.
- Easy to use
- Flexible Bond
- Weather resistant
- Impact resistant
- 50ml Tube
- Dries yellowish/beige
- Big W
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Selected Auto Retail Outlets
- Clark Rubber
Where can this product be used?
- Inner sole
- Attach beads, jewels, decorative items
- Will not bond Polyethylene or Polypropylene plastics. For these we recommend Selleys Plastics Glue. May not adhere to some plastic / rubber soles.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Most Plastics
- EVA foam (e.g Desert boots sole)
How to use this product
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt or grease. Remove cap and carefully pierce seal.
- For larger area repairs such as shoe soles, we recommend you use the contact bond method:
- For quick and even bonding, apply to one surface only, press together and pull apart. Keep apart until the adhesive film is almost dry (approx. 10 – 20 minutes).
- Carefully line up surfaces to be joined and press surfaces firmly together. Bonds immediately on contact. Clamping may be necessary in some applications.
- For smaller areas, either use the contact method as above, or join with a wet bond:
- Apply Shoe Glue to one surface only and immediately press together. Lightly clamp or hold until dry.
- Allow adhesive to achieve maximum bond strength (24 hours) before wearing your repaired shoe/s.
- Wipe nozzle clean and replace cap immediately after use. Clean up application tools and excess adhesive with turps before it dries.
- A piece of plastic from a takeaway container makes a good applicator for shoe soles.
- Bulldog clips are handy to use for clamping straps and other small areas.
- Pack includes removable nozzle for easy application.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Irritant. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid breathing vapour.
- Highly Flammable, keep away from sources of ignition
- Warning: Intentional misuse by deliberately inhaling the vapours of this product can be harmful or fatal.
- This product has been classified as hazardous according to the criteria of ASCC and HSNO. Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet for more information.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUST 131 126; NZ 0800 764766) or a doctor.
- If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting.
- If in eyes flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Store in a cool area away from ignition sources and out of direct sunlight.
Ready to use wipes to help clean up dirty hands after messy DIY tasks such as gardening, repairs, car maintenance etc. Designed to effectively remove substances such as glues, silicones, grease...