Selleys Sole Grip
Sole Grip is an easy-to-apply compound to repair and protect most shoe soles. Use it to coat the soles of shoes and protect from general wear and tear, extending the life of your shoes.
- Easy to use
- Long wearing
- May be applied to both new and old shoe soles, as a repair or non-slip surface
**For best results New shoes should be worn for several days before applying SOLE GRIP
- 85g Tube
- Black tacky paste.
- Thrifty Link
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
Where can this product be used?
- Apply to new shoes to extend their sole life
- Building up worn soles of shoes to extend their life
- Creating an anti-slip surface on smooth soles of shoes
- Creating an anti-slip surface on the bottom of furniture legs and castor holders
- Creating an anti-slip base on fabric items such as doillies or place mats
- Sole Grip is not an adhesive
- May not adhere to some plastic / rubber soles
- Will not bridge gaps where no backing exists
What materials is this product suitable for?
How to use this product
- Roughen soles with the scraper provided.
- Clean the surface with Selleys Solvent Acetone. Do not use Turpentine or Kerosene. (Note: Slow drying solvents such as Mineral Turps may interfere with adhesion).
- Squeeze sufficient material for a thin layer about 1.5mm thick. Spread evenly over sole
- Leave for 30 minutes before further applications. If required, apply 2 or 3 layers on average soles. On worn soles apply to suit.
- Leave for 24 hours before wearing. Edges may be sandpapered or cut back and trimmed with a knife.
- For best results, new shoes should be worn for several days before applying Spred Sole
- Clean up excess with Mineral Turpentine prior to cure
- Keep a canister of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes nearby for a quick and effective cleanup.
- Avoid skin contact and avoid breathing vapours. Highly flammable.
- If eye contact occurs, flush eyes with water for 15 minutes. Obtain medical attention. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water and seek medical advice. Intentional misuse by deliberatly inhaling vapours of this product can be harmful or fatal.
- If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or a Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 13 11 26 or New Zealand 0800 764 766.
- For more information refer to the Spred Sole Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).