Selleys Aquadhere Interior
PVA adhesive specially formulated for interior woodworking repairs and projects. White in colour, dries clear and cleans up easily with water.
- No mixing required – Ready to use straight from the pack
- Suitable for end grain gluing – won’t stain timber, white in colour, but dries clear.
- Dries Clear
- Cleans up with water
- 100ml, 250ml, 500ml easy applicator bottle
- 1L, 2L, 4L, 20L Bottle
- Goes on White, dries Clear
- Thrifty Link
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Big W
- Selected Auto Retailers
- Selected Paint Specialists
Where can this product be used?
- School projects and craft
- Furniture repairs
- Repair a split trim
- Fix a broken photo frame
- Restoring furniture
- Fix a wobbly chair
- Gluing cupboard shelves for additional support
- Repairing a door frame or window
- Fix a wine rack
- Re-attach book cover/spine or repair torn bindings
- Fix a broken drawer
- Wooden toy repairs
- Craft projects
- Unsuitable for use on coated wallpaper overlaps eg vinyl
- Although Aquadhere is reasonably water resistant, it is not recommended for use in water or weather exposed situations or for any job where maximum water resistance is required (for weather exposed and/or wet areas we recommend Aquadhere exterior or Aquadhere Durabond).
- Will not take common timber stains
- Aquadhere is not recommended for joints that are subjected to constant high stress. Instead, use Selleys 308 High Stress wood glue.
- Do not use on projects that you need to be able to sand, as Aquadhere Interior is not sandable.
- Will not bond MDF, we recommend using Aquadhere Exterior
What materials is this product suitable for?
- End grain gluing
- Other craft materials
How to use this product
- Surfaces to be bonded must be close fitting, free from dust, dry and clean from grease.
- Shake bottle before use
- Apply adhesive liberally to one surface only, position surfaces and press together while still wet. Immediately clamp for 30 minutes for softwoods and 1 hour for hardwoods. Alternatively, low clamping pressures (50lbs/in2) can be used with softwoods; higher pressures are recommended for hardwoods (100 – 150lbs/in2). Do not stress joint for 12 hours.
- Wipe off excess adhesive while still wet with a damp cloth. If the wood is to be stained, any residual Aquadhere left on the timber surface may prevent the stain from taking to the wood.
- Maximum strength is achieved after 12 hours, but longer in cold, damp conditions, or when used on dense timbers.
- Cure slows significantly in humid, cold conditions.
- Clean all tools with water before adhesive is allowed to dry. If dry, soak in water until adhesive is soft.
- 1L covers approx. 8m2
- To fill small gaps, Aquadhere can be mixed with sawdust.
- Longer clamping times may be required for joints under high stress, or alternatively use Selleys 308 High Stress Wood Glue.
- Avoid contaminating Aquadhere with iron and steel, eg nails, etc. Aquadhere contaminated with rust (iron oxide) will stain brown/black in the presence of tannins in many woods.
- On very porous surfaces applying a thin layer to each side and allowing to soaking in before applying a second layer to one side only may result in a stronger bond
- Cured adhesive can be resoftened by prolonged contact with hot water or steam.
- Sanding isn’t an effective way to prepare for gluing, as it often leaves an uneven surface and may clog the timber which can stop the glue from penetrating and impact on your result. A straight router can be used to trim the edge, but be sure to only remove as much as required to obtain a suitable edge for gluing.
- If you are gluing over a larger surface, try using a small roller to aid in application.
- For cleaning surfaces prior to application of adhesive, if the surface is porous, we would recommend using SELLEYS Liquid Sugar Soap. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with mineral turpentine and then again with methylated spirits. If there is old, difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS Kwik Strip Smart. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product.
- Keep a canister of SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes nearby for a quick and effective cleanup.
- Aquadhere is considered a non-hazardous material.
- In case of eye contact, hold eye open and flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes.
Storage and re-use
- For maximum shelf life store inside at moderate temperatures. Do not allow to freeze.
Ready to use wipes to help clean up dirty hands after messy DIY tasks such as gardening, repairs, car maintenance etc. Designed to effectively remove substances such as glues, silicones, grease...
Industrial grade PVA, especially developed for use by professional woodworkers and craftsmen, for large projects. Off-white in colour, drying to a light coloured clear film.
Durabond is moisture curing, high strength, polyurethane construction adhesive. It has high strength and water resistance making it excellent for jobs requiring extra durability, both interior and...
A 2 part adhesive with a white powder resin and the hardener is a colourless liquid. The adhesive is water resistant, however it is not recommended for joints that will be constantly wet, unless...