Selleys Silicone Remover
Selleys Silicone Remover takes the elbow grease out of removing old and unwanted silicone.
- Save time as it works in 2-4 hours
- Less effort as it breaks down the silicone for easy removal
- Easy to use, as the gel consistency makes it ideal for vertical surfaces
- No residue – leaves a residue free surface that can be painted
- 375g Tub
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
Where can this product be used?
Baths, Showers and sinks
Perfect for use on or around:
- Window Frames
- Tiles and Bricks
- Will discolour some plastics such as nylon, polypropylene, ABS and polystrene and will affect the surfaces of some metals such as lead, brass, mild steel.
- Product can damage painted surfaces and bare timber if left for extended periods.This includes powder coated and oven-baked wet paint products such as COLORBOND?.
- Pre-test surfaces before use.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Anodised Aluminium
- Stainless Steel
- Most metals
- Most plastics
How to use this product
- Ensure surface is completely dry, as water contamination will render the product ineffective. For fast results firsly remove as much of the old silicone as possible.
- Read the safety directions before using the product. To open squeeze the cap as indicated while unscrewing. Use a scraper to spread a 5 mm thick layer of silicone remover evenly over the old silicone.
- For effective removal leave for at least 2 hours. For thick deposits leave for 24 hours. In some cases a second application may be needed.
- Use a scraper such as the 50mm ROTA COTA Soft Grip Scraper to remove the softened silicone from the surface.
- Clean surfaces and tools immediately with a cloth soaked in methylated spirits.
- An oily residue will be left on the surface which can be cleaned with a rag soaked in Methylated Spirits.
- If Silicone Remover is allowed to dry on the surface a white powdery residue will be left. This is harmless and is best cleaned with a wet rag.
- If you are applying new silicone refer to SELLEYS Silicone Sealants.
Tips for Removing Old Unwanted Silicone
- Items adhered with silicone must be separated before using Silicone Remover. Carefully cut the sealant with a sharp blade or try using a piece of strong thin wire wrapped around two dowels as handles. This can be used like a cheese cutter to slice through the silicone.
- Selleys Silicone Remover will only remove residues. Silicone must be carefully cut away to a depth of less than 1 mm prior to using the product.
- Wear protective gloves and glasses when using Selleys Silicone Remover.
- Some highly porous surfaces may retain silicone oil which will be difficult to paint over even after the silicone has been removed.
- This product is corrosive.
- Avoid contact with skin, & eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and safety goggles.
- Avoid breathing in vapours.
- Ensure you use a well ventilated area.
- IF swallowed do NOT induce vomiting. If in eyes, hold eye lids apart and flush the eye continuously with running water. Continue flushing until advised to stop by the Poisons Information Centre or a doctor or for at least 15 minutes. If skin or hair contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and flush skin and hair with running water.
- Warning: This product has been classified as hazardous according to the NOHSC and HSNO. For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet , which can be downloaded from this site.
- Keep away from children.
Storage and re-use
- Store in a cool, dry place away from sources of heat or ignition, oxidising agents, alkalis and food.
Selleys Kwik Strip Smart paint & varnish stripper has been specially developed to be the safer choice for interior use. This product will penetrate through multiple layers in one application...