Selleys Knead It Aqua
A versatile hand kneadable, fast setting co-extruded epoxy repair system that can be used for repairing a multitude of things. It is especially suitable for application to damp, wet or underwater substrates. It comes in a handy roll form, with the white hardener encapsulated in the aqua green resin part. The product hardens in 20 – 30 minutes after mixing, to a white solid material.
- Will not sag, run or drip.
- Easy to use – no mess.
- Can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted one hour after mixing.
- Good adhesive strength.
- Can be used to reshape, rebuild and repair a multitude of surfaces and applications.
- Good gap filling properties.
- Long-lasting, durable solution.
- Heat resistant to 120°C continuously or 140°C intermittently.
- Can be used under fresh or salt water.
- Longer set time (less than 20 min).
- Suitable for contact with drinking water. Complies with AS/NZS 4020, QAS Type Test Certificate No.: 8649.
- Higher tack for underwater repairs.
- 110g, 50g
- Dries White
- Thrifty Link
- Big W
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Clark Rubber
- Selected Auto Retailers
- Selected Paint Specialists
Where can this product be used?
- Creating water features/ attaching pebbles under water in pond
- Sealing holes in foundations and outer walls
- Repairing generators, water and fuel pumps
- Re-setting ceramic tiles in swimming pools etc
- For fast and permanent repairs to damp and wet substrates, and even for underwater repairs
- Patching dings, scratches, cuts, gouges and holes in fibreglass, metal and wooden boat decks and hulls
- Repair of pipes, fittings, electrical connections, water tanks, tubs, sinks, spas, hot tubs, tanks, pools, leaking gaskets
- Forming custom gaskets etc
- Ideal for emergency in-water repairs
- Repairing fishtanks, ponds, pools
- Approval for Drinking Water Contact to AS/’NZ4020:2005, however limited to maximum surface area:volume ratio of 648 mm2/L; minimum cure time: 72 hours at 20°C; maximum temperature: 85°C; maximum wet film thickness: 5 – 6mm
- Not recommended for filling or sealing joints/cracks subject to movement as the cured product is extremely hard and inflexible.
- Does not adhere to polyethylene, polypropylene or Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon?) or silicone rubber
- Set time increases at temperatures below 20°C
- Not recommended for use where hydrostatic pressure is present prior to cure
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Most plastics (pre-test required)
How to use this product
- Clean surface free of grease, dirt and dust. For best results roughen bond area prior to cleaning.
- Cut off required amount. Replace disc on remaining portion. Wear gloves to avoid messing hands. To mix, knead with fingers to uniform colour. If mixing is difficult, warm to room temperature.
- Apply to surface to be repaired (within 12 minutes of mixing) and work the material forcefully into the surface applying pressure until adhesion begins to take effect. Mould to shape if required. If material sticks to fingers, use the plastic wrapper to press the material in place.
- For a smooth appearance, remove excess and hand rub with water or a damp cloth before hardening begins.
- Trim away any excess before initial hardening. Remove any residues with acetone prior to initial hardening. Hardened excess may be sanded or trimmed away once fully cured.
- After 20-30 minutes Knead-It Aqua will harden and begin to form a strong bond. Allow for longer cure times at lower temperatures.
- After 60 minutes Knead-It Aqua may be drilled, sanded, machined, filed, sawed or painted.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after use.
- Ensure the putty and hardener are mixed properly. Knead-It will become warm as it is mixed, A good indication its mixed properly is when you have a uniform colour, and feel a mild heat radiating from thre knead-it.
- To help determine when your knead it has set, keep a small piece off to check- when it is hard, it indicates your job is done.
- For best results, use Knead-It Multi Purpose for applications in contact with drinking water.
- Use Knead-It Steel for applications on metal or fuel contact
- Store in a cool place for maximum shelf life
- For cleaning surfaces prior to application of adhesive, if the surface is porous, we would recommend using SELLEYS Liquid Sugar Soap. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with mineral turpentine and then again with methylated spirits. If there is old, difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS Kwik Strip Smart. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product.
- Keep a canister of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes nearby for a quick and effective cleanup.
- Where possible wear protective gloves when using Knead-It Aqua. Contact with skin may result in irritation. Epoxy resin is a known skin sensitiser. Repeated or prolonged skin contact may lead to allergic contact dermatitis.
- If redness or swelling of skin occurs, wash thoroughly with soap and water. Seek medical attention if in any doubt.
- Mixed and cured material is not hazardous. Cured material can only be removed by cutting and abrasion. If cured on skin, it will peel off in a few days without assistance. Soaking in warm water will assist removal.
Storage and re-use
- Replace siliver disc to seal ends and keep in a cool dry place.