Selleys Special Putty
Selleys Special Putty is a Linseed oil based, knife grade putty available in a natural colour.
- Easy to use. Can be applied by hand or with a putty knife
- Product has exceptional keeping qualities
- Available in natural and brown colours
- Superior grade putty
- 450g tub
- 2kg container
- 4.5kg container
- 20kg container
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Inspirations Paint & Colour
- Paint specialist stores
Where can this putty be used?
- A wood sash putty that is excellent for glazing wooden windows and doors
- Bedding glass beads
- Not recommended for use with heat absorbing glass
- If being used in external applications it is not recommended for use with timber stains, timber oils and clear finishes
- Not recommended for use where structural movement may occur
- Not recommended for use in metal framed windows.
What materials is this putty suitable for?
How to use this product
- Rebates and grooves should be rigid, free from distortion, true and square, and should be clean, dry and unobstructed before glazing.
- Rebates and grooves should be of a size which allows adequate edge cover and putty volume. Minimum bed putty – 2mm, minimum front putty – 4mm where timber beads are used, and 2mm bed putty and 12mm front putty where no glazing beads are used.
- Depth of rebate: 10mm for 3-4mm glass, 15mm for 5-8mm glass.
- Two coats of good quality house paint should be applied not less than 2 weeks and not more than 4 weeks after completion of glazing.
- Paint should be carried out 2mm above the top line of the putty.
- Do not use kerosene, turps or other material to aid in working the putty
- Allow putty to skin before applying paint
- Product can be applied by hand or with a putty knife. Add a few drops of linseed oil on the hands or knife to make for easier working
- Putty can thicken in cold weather. Warming the putty by working it in the hands before application will soften it.
- Putty must be painted in exterior applications.
- High humidity, cold weather and use in interior applications can extend skinning times.
- Putty can separate on prolonged standing. If excessive oil is observed on the surface try to work the entire mixture together to redistribute the oil.
- Before painting, clean and dust & filler particles using Selleys Sugar Soap or Selleys Super Kleen.
- Low hazard material
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.