Selleys Woodfilling Putty
Selleys Woodfilling putty is a superior linseed oil based putty that has been specially tinted to a honey oak colour so that it blends in well with timber
- Tinted so that it blends in with most types of timber
- Ready to use format for ease of use
- Product has exceptional keeping qualities
- 450g Tub
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Inspirations Paint & Colour
- Paint specialist stores
Where can this product be used?
- Filling nail holes and cracks in timber
- Glazing timber window frames
- Not recommended for use with clear timber finishes or stains when glazing exterior window frames. Product should painted to prevent deterioration
- Not recommended for use where structural movement may occur
- Not recommended for use in metal framed windows.
- Not recommended for use with heat absorbing glass
What materials is this product suitable for?
How to use this product
- Seal timber before applying WOODFILLING PUTTY; allow to dry. Soften putty in fingers and apply directly to nail holes and cracks with a knife, forcing putty well in, to completely fill. Smooth over flush with the surface
- To glaze timber window frames, prime with oil based primer . Rebate should be clean , dry, rigid, free from distortion, true and square. Apply putty in a continuous run, with hand or knife. Install glass squeezing out putty to 2mm clearance. Fix glass with pins and apply additional putty to face up. Smooth and trim with suitable knife or spatula.
- Paint putty between 2 and 4 weeks after application. Paint should extend 2mm above the top line of the putty. Apply an oil-based undercoat, top coat with either water or oil-based paint.
- Do not use clear stains, oil or varnish for outside applications, as these do not protect putty from damage by the sun.
- Ensure cover disc is pressed down on to putty surface and lid is replaced firmly after use.
- Remove product skin before use
- Paint putty between 2-4 weeks after application for best results
- Apply an oil based undercoat. The top coat can be water or oil based paint
- High humidity, cold weather and use in interior applications can extended skinning times.
- Product is essentially non hazardous
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.