Selleys Space Invader
Selleys Space Invader is a non-toxic expanding foam filler that is safe and easy to use, and cleans up with water. It is specially formulated for filling large cracks, gaps and voids and will not over expand like traditional polyurethane foams.
- Non toxic
- Low odour (safe to use)
- Can be cleaned up with water
- Less wastage/no over expansion
- No mess/will not stick to your hands
- Free of hazardous Isocynate
- Cured expanded foam can be easily compressed back into cavity
- Easy reusable dispenser valve (just rinse with warm water)
- Will not cause distortion of surfaces (due to over expansion)
- 320g Aerosol Can
- White – Off White
- Compressible foam
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Independent Hardware
Where can this product be used?
Filling holes and around pipes
Filling gaps under roofing
Between window frames and walls
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Most common building materials
How to use this product
- Ensure area is clean and free from grease, dirt and dust
- Screw nozzle onto valve on can
- Hold can upside down. Shake can vigorously for 30-45 seconds and until you can hear the ball inside move
- Activate trigger to dispense foam. For holes/gaps greater than 5cm deep, fill to a depth of at least 5cm
- During use, stop frequently to shake and tap can vigorously to move product in can closer to dispensing valve
- Fill the space or void to about flush with the surface
- Foam can be tooled, excess removed while wet. Clean up spills immediately with wet cloth. Unscrew straw from nozzle and clean both with warm water
Tips for using an expanding foam:
- Application temperature 10°C to 35°C
- After curing, minor expansion can be compressed into the gap and if required foam can be plastered over with Spakfilla Rapid and painted with water-based paint
- For exterior applications, foam must be completely sealed with quality exterior acrylic paint after curing
- If aerosol can is rusted or corroded it may explode on impact. Carefully seal can in double bagging, place in a cardboard or other box with lid secured, and carefully transport to your local disposal facility or carefully place in recycling bin. Do not drop other recycling on top of it.
- Always wear eye protection and use in a well ventilated area
- Product is flammable during dispensing extinguish all ignition sources during use and cure
- As this can is a pressurised dispenser, protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C. Do not pierce or burn, even after use. Extremely flammable. Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material
- Keep away from sources of ignition- no smoking
- Keep out of reach of children
- To avoid risk of electric shock when applying product around electrical equipment etc. disconnect power while applying product and until product is cured
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site
Storage and re-use
- Storing for re-use, unscrew straw from nozzle and clean both with warm water. Cured foam can be removed from straw & nozzle with a pipe cleaner or paper clip.
- Store in cool dry condition between 10°C – 25°C.