Selleys Fireproof Cement
Selleys Fire-resistant cement for interior sealing of stoves and fireplaces. Fireproof cement is a thick white paste.
- Resists intense heat
- Sets hard
- Water clean up
- 700g Tub
- Thick white paste
Where can this product be used?
- Repairing bricks in fireplaces & chimneys
- Sealing flues in pot-belly stoves
- Sealing cracks in ironworks & bricks
- Fireproof cement is not an adhesive – it is a filling compound
- Not recommended for external use e.g. BBQ’s, incinerators etc
- Fireproof cement is not suitable for use in kilns
- Fireproof Cement is not recommended for moving joints such as expansion joints as it sets rigidly
- Hardened material cannot be resoftened with water.
What materials is this product suitable for?
How to use this product
- Remove all dust, grease and loose debris before applying material.
- Dampen the cavities on porous surfaces for better adhesion.
- Apply Fireproof Cement firmly into holes and cracks with a damp knife or spatula.
- Allow Fireproof Cement to dry a minimum of 48 hours before exposure to heat.
- If Fireproof Cement is stiff slacken with a little water.
- Keep container closed tightly when not in use
- If Fireproof Cement is stiff slacken with a little water
- Dampen the cavities on porous surfaces for better adhesion
- Non Hazardous
Storage and re-use
- Trim off any excess before cure. Clean away any residues with a damp rag before product cures
- Once cured, material is difficult to remove. Chisel or sand any excess
- Store in a cool place with lid tightly sealed