Selleys Spakfilla ColourSmart
Selleys Spakfilla Coloursmart is a ready-mixed, lightweight and quick setting filler. It is pink when applied drying to off white when ready to sand.
- Fills cracks and holes in a single application
- Pre-mixed so easy to use
- Filler is pink when applied and dries to off white when ready to sand
- Minimal shrinkage so no need to overfill
- Very fast drying allowing sanding and painting in a short time period
- Comes complete with a filling spatula for ease of use
- Is water based, so can be cleaned up with water
- Paintable with oil and water based paints
- 180g Tub
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
Where can this product be used?
- Filling cracks and holes on surfaces where no structural movement occurs
- Filling cracks in walls, ceilings, doors, windows
- Repairing holes in walls, ceilings, doors and windows
- Recommended for use in interiors only
- Nailing this product is not recommended
- Not recommended for use on plastic or metal surfaces
- Product is not flexible so not suitable for use bewteen surfaces that are subject the structural movement
- Not recommended for use where load or compression occurs as product may be crushed e.g. behind a door if the knob touches against the wall.
What materials is this product suitable for?
How to use this product
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose material.
- Using the flexible spatula provided on the lid, press the filler firmly into crack/hole and smooth off surface; there is no need to overfill.
- Sand and paint with water-based paints after the product turns off-white (2 hours for holes up to 2mm deep). If more than 2mm deep, or in cold/humid conditions, expect longer drying times.
- For oil-based paints allow 24 hours before painting.
- Painting with oil-based paints is not recommended until 24 hours after filler has been applied
- Water based paints may be used immediately after filler has set
- If filler is found to have stiffened prior to use*, stir product. If still too dry add one teaspoon of water and stir again. *Material that has actually hardened should be discarded.
- Application tools may be cleaned with water
- Sand back to a smooth finish using a Rota Cota Foam Sanding Block as the foam sponge will follow the contours of the surface
- Before painting, clean dust and filler particles using Selleys Sugar Soap or Selleys Super Kleen.
- If in eyes, hold eyes open and rinse in water. Seek medical attention if irritation persists
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Clean tools in water before Spakfilla Coloursmart sets.