Selleys Spakfilla Rapid
Selleys Spakfilla Rapid is a ready-mixed, lightweight, quick setting filler designed for both interior and exterior use. Product is white in colour and easily sanded.
- Fills cracks and holes in a single application
- Moisture and mould resistant
- Pre-mixed so easy to use
- Virtually non-shrinking
- Only one application needed
- Minimal sanding required
- Very fast drying allowing sanding and painting in a short time period
- Comes complete with a filling spatula for ease of use
- Is water based, so can be cleaned up with water
- Is available in a range of sizes and delivery styles
- Paintable with oil and water based paints
- 180g tub
- 260g tub
- Big W
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Inspirations Paint & Colour
- Paint Specialist stores
Where can this product be used?
- Filling cracks and holes on surfaces where no structural movement occurs
- Filling cracks in walls, ceilings, doors, windows
- Repairing holes in walls, ceilings, doors and windows
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Nailing this product is not recommended
- Not recommended for use on plastic or metal surfaces
- Product is not flexible so is not suitable for use between surfaces that are subject the structural movement
What materials is this product suitable for?
How to use this product
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose material.
- Using the flexible spatula provided on the lid, press the filler firmly into crack/hole and smooth off surface.
- Spakfilla Rapid has minimal shrinkage so there is no need to overfill.
- Spakfilla Rapid can be sanded and painted with water-based paints once completely set (approximately 30 minutes in thin applications).
- For applications more than 2mm deep, or in cold or humid conditions, longer drying times may be required.
- For oil-based paints allow 24 hours before painting.
- Painting with oil-based paints is not recommended until 24 hours after filler has been applied
- Water based paints may be used immediately after filler has set
- If filler is found to have stiffened prior to use*, stir product. If still too dry add one teaspoon of water and stir again. *Material that has actually hardened should be discarded.
- Application tools may be cleaned with water
- Sand back to a smooth finish
- Sanding Block as the foam sponge will follow the contours of the surface
- Before painting, clean dust and filler particles using Selleys Sugar Soap or Selleys Super Kleen.
- If in eyes, hold eyes open and rinse in water. Seek medical attention if irritation persists
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Clean tools in water before Spakfilla Rapid sets.