Selleys Special Putty
Selleys Special Putty is a Linseed oil based, knife grade putty available in a natural colour.
- Easy to use. Can be applied by hand or with a putty knife
- Product has exceptional keeping qualities
- Available in a natural colour
- Superior grade putty
- 450g tub
- 2kg container
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Inspirations Paint & Colour
- Paint specialist stores
Where can this putty be used?
- A wood sash putty that is excellent for glazing wooden windows and doors
- Bedding glass beads
- Not recommended for use with heat absorbing glass
- If being used in external applications it is not recommended for use with timber stains, timber oils and clear finishes
- Not recommended for use where structural movement may occur
- Not recommended for use in metal framed windows.
What materials is this putty suitable for?
How to use this product
- Rebates and grooves should be rigid, free from distortion, true and square, and should be clean, dry and unobstructed before glazing.
- Rebates and grooves should be of a size which allows adequate edge cover and putty volume. Minimum bed putty – 2mm, minimum front putty – 4mm where timber beads are used, and 2mm bed putty and 12mm front putty where no glazing beads are used.
- Depth of rebate: 10mm for 3-4mm glass, 15mm for 5-8mm glass.
- Two coats of good quality house paint should be applied not less than 2 weeks and not more than 4 weeks after completion of glazing.
- Paint should be carried out 2mm above the top line of the putty.
- Do not use kerosene, turps or other material to aid in working the putty
- Allow putty to skin before applying paint
- Product can be applied by hand or with a putty knife. Add a few drops of linseed oil on the hands or knife to make for easier working
- Putty can thicken in cold weather. Warming the putty by working it in the hands before application will soften it.
- Putty must be painted in exterior applications.
- High humidity, cold weather and use in interior applications can extend skinning times.
- Putty can separate on prolonged standing. If excessive oil is observed on the surface try to work the entire mixture together to redistribute the oil.
- Before painting, clean and dust & filler particles using Selleys Sugar Soap or Selleys Super Kleen.
- Low hazard material
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
Selleys Original Sugar Soap is a powerful liquid household cleaner which is effective in removing grease, grime and dirt from household surfaces. It can be diluted with water or used neat. Also...
Heavy Duty 9oz canvas drop cloth with reinforced stitching for superior durability.
Selleys Super Kleen is a ready to use multi surface cleaner that has a powerful anti-bacterial formula making it ideal for spot cleaning a range of household surfaces. It is also ideal for spring...