Top 5 tips for a sparkling spring clean
Springtime is the time for new beginnings which means – out with the old and in with the new!
Here are 5 top tips to fighting the clutter and refreshing your home.
Ready to fight clutter and refresh your home? First, make sure you have your spring cleaning essentials:
- Sponges, rags, scrubbing brush
- Selleys Rapid Mould Killer
- Selleys Sugar Soap
- Furniture polish and floor waxes
- Selleys No More Cracks Wood Filler
Top 5 Spring Clean Cheat Sheet
1. Out with the old
Firstly, lets conduct an audit on the smaller items that are doing your home a disservice. Get rid of anything you haven’t used in the last 6 months to a year – chances are if you’ve lived without it for that long, you can probably live without it. From welcome mats to toothbrush holders, replace anything that has overstayed its welcome.
2. Wash windows
Nothing says dirty more than grungy windows. Make sure your windows and glass doors are sparkling in time for the warmer weather. Simply mix a batch of vinegar-water and spritz it on. Wipe off with a soft cloth and finish drying with old newspapers for a streak-free outlook.
3. Shake it up
For a fresh new look, try moving things around. Simply rearrange one or two key pieces of furniture or try rehanging paintings and artworks. If you have hardwood floors, show them off. Store carpet or heavy rugs and opt for bare floorboards instead.
4. Get Rid of Mould
Get rid of unsightly mould and mildew with Selleys Rapid Mould Killer. Its powerful formula effectively eradicates mould leaving treated surfaces hygienically clean with minimal effort.
- Cleans bathroom, laundry and kitchen tiles and grout
- Kills mould and mildew
- Removes soap scum and build up
- Cleans shower Screens and rubber bath mats
- Not suitable for use on fabric as bleaching will occur (if spilt, rinse immediately), mirror tiles, metallic surfaces, and older baths & basins
How to use Selleys Rapid Mould Killer:
- Spray affected area, leave for a few minutes then rinse or wipe off
- Make sure the room is well ventilated to help diffuse any fumes
- Before using with a cloth, brush or scourer, make sure they are not affected by bleach. Avoid using with steel wool or wire brushes.
5. Rejuvenate furniture
Repainting walls is time-consuming, so why not just update a few key pieces of furniture with a lick of paint to welcome spring indoors? Before you start, remember to fix any dents with Selleys No More Cracks Wood Filler.
6. Clean the walls
Scuff marks, fingerprints and general stains can leave your walls looking worse for wear. Re-painting can be a huge task so why not try cleaning them first. You will be amazed at what Selleys Sugar Soap, a bucket of water and a sponge will do for your walls!