The Hole Shebang
If your home has plasterboard walls, chances are you’re going to have to repair a hole at some stage. Especially at this time of year when the littlies are almost bouncing off the walls with excitement or if you’ve bumped a wall while moving furniture to make space for the extended family. Holes happen, but there’s no need to fret as patching is quick and easy.
How to fix holes
The best way to repair a plaster wall depends on the size of the hole. Selleys Spakfilla Rapid is a ready-mixed, lightweight, quick-setting filler designed for interior and exterior holes. Water-based and white in colour, it’s easy to use and easy to sand.
Spakfilla Rapid is premixed, so there’s no mess and it fills the hole in one application, it’s virtually non-shrinking and non-cracking, and is very fast drying so you can sand and paint it just 30 minutes later.
1. Make sure surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose material.
2. Apply Selleys Spakfilla Rapid with the spatula supplied – it fills cracks and holes in a single application. Press the filler firmly into the hole and smooth off surface. Spakfilla Rapid has minimal shrinkage so there is no need to overfill.
3. For applications more than 2mm deep, or in humid conditions, longer drying times may be required.
4. Sand the surface till smooth.
5. Before painting, clean dust and filler particles using Selleys Sugar Soap.
6. You can paint over Spakfilla Rapid with water-based paints after 30 minutes, but wait 24 hours for oil-based paints.
7. Application tools may be cleaned with water.
- Fills cracks and holes in a single application
- Pre-mixed so easy to use
- Virtually non-shrinking
- Only one application needed