Filling small hairline crack in wall
- If you only have a few small hairline cracks to fill try using Selleys Spakfilla One Shot. Specifically designed to single use application – less wastage.
- Before painting the wall, clean your walls with Sugar Soap wipes or Sugar Soap Concentrate (follow instructions on pack).
- For best results, use a good quality undercoat before painting the top coat.
Improve the finish of your painting projects by fixing up hairline cracks before you apply your first coat of paint.
What you’ll need:
- Selleys Spakfilla Squeeze & Scrape
- 240 grit sandpaper
- Soft clean cloth
- Drop cloth
1. Place the drop cloth in the area that you’re working in. Use the soft clean cloth to ensure the surface to be filled is clean, dry and free of any loose or powdery materials.
2. Use your Selleys Spakfilla Squeeze & Scrape to apply a thin layer of the product to the surface. Squeeze a small amount of filler directly over the small crack on the wall and scrape any excess off using the inbuilt scraper.
3. Allow the product to dry for 23 hours, and then sand back the surface lightly with 240 grit sandpaper for a smooth finish. Before painting, priming clean dust particles with a soft cloth.