How To Build A Fire Pit
A fire pit adds warmth, cosiness and a place for family and friends to gather around on a chilly winters evening. They are becoming super popular and a great way to utilise your outdoor space in winter. Here is a step by step guide on how to create your very own backyard fire pit.
What you’ll need
- Concrete blocks
- Spirit Level
- Spray Paint
- Selleys Liquid Nails Landscape
- Decorative rocks
- Large steel firepit bowl or firepit ring
1. With the spray paint, mark out your lawn with where you want the pit to go.
2. Using a shovel, dig out the lawn inside the circle of about 2cm deep, making sure you remove all roots.
3. Ensure you have a flat surface using a spirit level.
4. Start laying concrete blocks along the perimeter of the fire pit.
5. Keep building on the first layer to your desired height using Selleys Liquid Nails Landscape to bond the layers together. Use the spirit level to ensure the blocks are level.
6. Place decorative rock at the base of the fire pit and a large steel bowl or metal fire pit ring inside. Ensure bowl or ring is level and will not tip over.
7. Finally, get the blankets and marshmallows ready for some winter evening fun!