Selleys Fix n Grout
Selleys Fix ‘n’ Grout is a water based, ready-mixed acrylic adhesive and grout for fixing and grouting ceramic wall tiles. It is a thick white paste.
- Water clean up
- Can be used on a wide range of surfaces
- Does not give off irritating solvent fumes
- Easy to use
- 850g tub
- Thick air free, lump free white paste
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
Where can this product be used?
- Fixing and/or grouting ceramic wall tiles in laundries, bathrooms and kitchens
- Surfaces to be tiled must be rigid, with no flexing evident
- Fix ‘n’ Grout should not be applied to a thickness grater than 4mm. If the wall is uneven it should be levelled with Selleys Spakfilla Exterior at least 24 hours prior to tiling
- On highly porous surfaces (fibrous cement sheeting) the surface should be primed prior to application with a mixture containing 1 part Fix ‘n’ Grout and 2 parts water. This should be allowed to dry for 1 hour before tiling. (For best results, it is also advisable to prime the backs of large porous tiles. It is not necessary to prime standard 15cm square wall tiles.
- Fix ‘n’ Grout is not recommended for wet areas such as shower recesses. For these areas use Selleys solvent formula Unifix [LINK] and Selleys Tile Grout [LINK]. (Note that Selleys Wet Area Sealant [LINK] can be used to seal around the edge of baths and sinks.)
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Cement render
- Fibrous cement sheeting
How to use this product
- Adhesive Applications: Surfaces must be clean and free from flaking paint, dust, grease or old adhesive.
- Apply Fix ‘n’ Grout to the back of the tile with a spatula on the four corners and centre of the tile. The spots should be of reasonable width – approx. 30mm.
- Press the tile firmly onto the wall. Use matchsticks between each tile to allow gap for grouting.
- Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to set before grouting with Fix ‘n’ Grout .
- Grouting Applications: Use a spatula to completely fill the gap between the tiles with Fix ‘n’ Grout.
- Wipe excess off tiles before it begins to dry using a damp cloth or sponge.
- After 2 hours moisten the tile surface with a wet cloth and polish off grout smears with a clean, dry cloth.
- Grout will completely dry in 48 hours.
- If grout develops gaps or holes due to incomplete fill or air bubbles, reapply over these areas as above
- 850g of Fix ‘n’ Grout is sufficient for fixing and grouting approx. 1/2 sq.m of tiles depending on the nature of the surface.
- Water should be used to remove excess adhesive from tools before it sets completely.
- Fix ‘n’ Grout is considered to be a low hazard material.
- Wash from skin with soap and water.
- If in eyes, flush with water and seek medical advice
Storage and re-use
- Water should be used to remove excess adhesive from tools before it sets completely