NEW Selleys Ezi Press Roof & Gutter Silicone
Selleys Ezi Press Roof & Gutter silicone is the NEW easy to use application system that does not require a caulking gun. Simply apply at the press of a lever. It provides a superior waterproof seal with excellent UV and weather resistance.
- No caulking gun required
- Easily applied with a press of a lever
- Flow control for precise application and finish with no run on
- 100% silicone does not lift at the edges.
- Superior silicone formulation forms a durable seal which locks out water which does not shrink when drying.
- Non corrosive neutral cure formula.
- Superior flexibility +/- 25% movement capability.
- UV and weather resistnat.
- Has a 25 year guarantee – when used as directed, i.e. for private use and within 12 months of purchase, the product is guaranteed against crumbling, cracking or drying (see pack for further details).
- 100g Can
- Mitre 10
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
Perfect for use on or around:
- Metal, tiled and Colorbond roofs
- Air conditioning units
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Sheet metal
- Rigid PVC
- Galvanised iron
- Glazed tiles
How to use this product
- Throughly clean and dry surface from oil, dirt and grease with Mineral Turpentine. Allow to dry completely before applying silicone. If there old silicone which needs to be removed, we recommend using SELLEYS SILICONE REMOVER, this ingenous product makes removing old silicone easy.
- Remove tab lock and nozzle cap. Twist collar clockwise towards MAX and adjust between MIN and MAX to control flow.
- Simply press lever gently to dispense filler to surface.
- Smooth with a spatula dipped in soapy water.
- Clean up before sealant skins (5-10 min) with a cloth dampened in mineral turpentine.
- Once finished, twist collar counter clockwise to MIN and replace nozzle cap so product won’t dry out.
- Avoid smearing on surrounding surfaces, see handy tip.
- Sealant will cure fully in 72 hours. As this point any unwanted sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade, but avoid under cutting the seal.
- For a neat finish and easy clean up, tape both sides of the gap before applying the product.
- When first applying product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of silicone sealant.
- Remove the tape before the silicone sealant skins.
- For a better finish complete painting 7 days prior to use of the sealant as it can not be painted over.
- For a better finish use a spatula dipped in mineral turpetine or detergent and water to tool off the sealant.
- Work in sections that can be completed before sealant skins. Tooling off and tape removal must be completed before skinning occurs or a rough surface, may result so working in sections allows for a better finish.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning any material off the skin before it cures.
- Not paintable. Complete painting 7 days prior to applying sealant.
- Not suitable for aquariums.
- Not suitable for contact with food, eating utensils or drinking water.
- Uncured sealant may cause an allergic skin reaction.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid skin and eye contact and breathing vapours.
- Wear protective gloves. Use in a well-ventilated area.
- If skin contact occurs, wash with soap and water.
- If in eyes, flood with water for at least 15 min and seek medical advice.
- This product is hazardous. Product releases methyl ethyl ketoxime during cure.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to our Material Safety Data Sheet
Storage and re-use
- Store in cool, dry conditions between +5 and +25°C.
- The sealant should be used within 6 months after opening.
- After use keep cap on nozzle.
- Silicone is a reactive product and is designed to cure once exposed to humidity. While the product may be stored for a few months once opened, it does have a limited shelf life. Storage in an upright position in a cool dry place is recommended to maximise the storage life.
WARNING. May burst if heated. Pressured dispenser. Protect from sunlight and do not expose to remperatures exceeding 50°C. Do not pierce or burn can, even after use.