Selleys Roof & Gutter Spray Seal
Selleys Roof & Gutter Spray Seal seals and stops leaks for fine cracks and holes over larger surface areas. With superior adhesion and resistance to lifting, it provides a long-lasting flexible seal.
- UV and weather resistant – Immune to the damaging effects of the sun
- Superior waterproof seal – superior adhesion and resistant to lifting, provides a long-lasting, flexible seal
- Can be applied on wet surfaces
- Rain ready in 2 hours
- Paintable after 24 hours
- Inhibits rust and corrosion under sealed area
- 315g Aerosol Can
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
Guttering and downpipes
Perfect for use on or around:
- Colorbond roofs, metal and tiled roofing
- Guttering and downpipes
- Skylights and flashing
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Sheet Metal
- Galvanised Iron
- Rigid PVC
- Glazed tiles
How to use this product
For hairline cracks
1. Hold can 30cm away and prime surface with a light coat. Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
2. Apply a thicker coat in an even sweeping motion. Allow to dry for at least 15 minutes before applying another thicker coat. For best results aply at least 2 thick coats.
For thicker cracks up to 2mm wide
1. Hold can 20cm away, spray along the crack. Allow to dry and thicken for 10 minutes before tooling and forcing product into crack.
2. Tool away any excess and repeat if necessary.
For sealing holes
1. Cut two pieces of self-adhesive mesh (found inside the cap) slightly larger than hole and place over the hole with the second piece place over the first piece on an angle.
2. Hold can 15cm away from surface and apply at an angle on and around the mesh. Allow to dry for 15 minutes and check if there aren’t any gaps.
3. Repeat if necessary. Repair will be rain ready in 2 hours. Sealant is paintable with water based paint once completely cured, at least 24 hours.
- May be incompatible with some plastics eg. Polystyrene. If in doubt, test on an inconspicuous area.
Uncured product may be removed with mineral turpentine. Cured product can be removed with Selleys Silicone Remover or by
cutting and scraping.
- Skin: 15-30 minutes (weather dependent)
- Initial cure: 2 hours
- Full cure: 24 hours
- Try to avoid over spray as excessive application may result in drips, sag or bubbling
- Maximum size hole product can fill is 20mm
- Use in a well ventilated area
- Danger, extremely flammable
- Keep away from sources of ignition
- No smoking
- Do not spray on or near sparks, flames or any incandescent material (eg. Gas pilot flames, live electrical wiring, lights, embers)
- After use, allow flammable vapours to dissipate before using anything that may produce a flame, spark or other ignition source
- Protect from sunlight
- Do not expose to temperature exceeding 50°C
- Do not piece or burn, even after use
- Keep out of each of children
- Causes skin irritaion
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness
- Avoid skin and eye contact – wear protective clothing, gloves, eye/face protection and suitable respirator as required
- Avoid breathing gas, mist, vapours or spray – may be fatal if swallwed and enters airways
- Wash thoroughly after handling
Storage and re-use
- DANGER – PRESSURISED DISPENSER. Store in cool, dry place away from corrosive elements (eg water, chemicals).
- If aerosol can is rusted or corroded it may explode on impact. Carefully seal can in double bagging, place in a cardboard or other box with lid secured, and carefully transport to your local disposal facility or carefully place in recycling bin. Do not drop other recycling on top of it. Check www.recyclingnearyou.com.au for information on local council disposal.