Selleys Roof & Gutter Speed Seal
An advanced, high grade neutral (non-corrosive) cure silicone formulated for fast cure, so that you can have the peace of mind that your roof will be rain ready in just 1 hour*. The product also provides protection against cracking, crumbling or breaking down with a 25 YEAR GUARANTEE.
- Super fast cure and stiff consistency provide a waterproof seal that is rain ready in 1 hour.
- Cured sealant is guaranteed to resist cracking, crumbling or breaking down for 25 years.
- Superior adhesion to mortar, grout and metals. The product does not lift at the edges and adheres so well to cement and grout that dirt, mould and fungus will not become trapped in the silicone, thereby keeping those unsightly black mould spots away.
- Superior silicone formulation forms a durable seal which locks out water and which does not shrink when drying.
- Non corrosive neutral cure formula.
- Low odour so can be used in any environment without discomfort.
- Easy to clean once it is applied, as it resists moisture, hot cooking oils and steam.
- Superior flexibility +/- 25% movement capability & up to 400% elongation or stretch.
- Temperature resistance – approximately -60°c +150°c
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Thrifty Link
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
- Metal & tiled roofs
- Colorbond Roofs
- Guttering and Flashings
- Vents and Downpipes
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Sheet metal
- Copper & brass
- Rigid PVC
- Gazed tiles
- Ensure you tape both sides of the gap before applying the product. This ensures a neat finish and makes it easier to clean up.
- When first applying product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of silicone sealant.
- Remove the tape before the silicone sealant skins.
- For a better finish complete painting prior to use of the sealant as it can not be painted over.
- For a better finish use a spatula dipped in mineral turpetine or detergent and water to tool off the sealant.
- Work in sections that can be completed before sealant skins. Tooling off and tape removal must be completed before skinning occurs or a rough surface may result, so working in sections allows for a better finish.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
- Uncured product may irritate eyes. If in eyes, flood the eyes for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin, if contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with detergent. It may irrtate sensitive skin.
- Avoid breathing in vapours.
- Ensure you use a well ventilated area as product releases methyl ethyl ketoxime while curing.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Keep away from children.
Storage and re-use
- Store in cool dry conditions, below 30°C
- The sealant should be used within 6 months after opening.
- After use keep the nozzle on the cartridge
- Silicone is a reactive product and is designed to cure once exposed to humidity. While the product may be stored for a few months once opened, it does have a limited shelf life. Storage in an upright position in a cool dry place is recommended to maximise the storage life.
- If the sealant is going to be used again within a few days, leave the nozzle on and merely extrude approximately 2 cm of product before storing the cartridge upright. This will cure to a plug which can easily be pulled out when required.
- For longer storage periods, leave the nozzle on and place a piece of plasticene or Blu Tack over the end of the nozzle. Tightly tape a piece of aluminium foil over the whole nozzle to exclude any air.
- When you want to re-use the product, simply take off the foil and plug from the old nozzle pull out the excess silicone from the nozzle with a corkscrew, then re-pierce any cure at the tip of the cartridge and re-use.
- If cure has taken place into the cartridge, the product is unlikely to be in a useable state and should be discarded.
An advanced, high grade neutral (non-corrosive) cure silicone formulated for fast cure, so you can shower just 1 HOUR after application.
Selleys Roof and Gutter Silicone is a neutral (non-acid) cure 100% silicone sealant for most building surfaces including metals, tile, cement sheeting, PVC and COLORBOND® roofing. It is...
Selleys Silicone Remover takes the elbow grease out of removing old and unwanted silicone.