Selleys White For Life Powder Grout
Selleys White For Life Powder Grout is a cement-based, brilliant white grout, ideal for wall and floor tiles and for joints up to 5mm wide. It resists yellowing, staining or blackening, when used as a part of the Selleys White For Life™ Tiling System and as per pack directions*.
- Classification: CG2/WA – improved cementitious grout, reduced water adsorption, extra-high abrasion resistance
- Excellent workability
- Easy-care due to water and dirt repellency
- Sand free – resists scratching tiles
- Crack resistant
- Resists yellowing, staining or blackening*
- Resists mould and bacterial growth
- Interior use only
- For walls and floors
- Smooth finish
- 2kg Tub
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
- Showers (walls only)
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Ceramic tiles
- Porcelain tiles
- Stone tiles
- Most other tiles
How to use this product
- For new tiling jobs, use Selleys White For Life Tiling Adhesives. Ensure that the tile adhesive has set (usually 24-48 hrs).
- Remove spacers; rake out excess adhesive, dust, debris etc from the joints.
- If you need re-grouting your existing tile surfaces, you will need to remove the old grout compound then clean thoroughly with Selleys Rapid Mould Killer and allow to dry. Use appropriate grout removal tools like a multi-tool or grout saw and ensure the grout joints are free from dust and debris before re-grouting.
- Do not grout at temperatures below 10°C, or in damp conditions.
- Before grouting, check ease of removal from matt or textured tile surfaces. Seal porous tiles before grouting or removal of grout from tiles will be difficult.
- Tiling in accordance with the AS 3958.1 will help ensure best results.
- This grout will be bright white color after curing.
- To mix 1 kg of powder grout, add 250mL of water to the bucket provided. Add contents of the White For Life® Activator Sachet slowly while mixing. Rinse the sachet in this water to ensure all contents are used. Mix well.
- Add powder slowly to the water while mixing. Mixing with a paddle attached to a drill makes mixing easier and faster. If mixing by hand, ensure there are no lumps.
- Add no more than 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of water slowly while mixing to obtain a thick creamy consistency. NOTE: TOO MUCH WATER WILL AFFECT APPLICATION AND PERFORMANCE.
- Allow to stand for approx. 3 minutes, and then remix the grout before applying. The grout can be re-stirred during application, but do not add more water.
- Grout small areas at a time. Work grout diagonally into the joints, using a rubber squeegee or grout float – avoid movement along the joint as this removes grout from the joint. Compact the grout firmly into the joints with several diagonal passes, and minimize amount left on face of tiles. If you wipe parallel to the lines, the edge of the grout applicator can end up gouging out the grout.
- Allow the grout to set in the joint for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wet a sponge, squeeze out excess water, and wipe off excess grout from the tile surfaces, first in a circular motion and then diagonally across the grout line. Rinse sponge in clean water frequently and squeeze out, while doing this. Use a minimum amount of water when cleaning the tile surface and smoothing the joints to minimize water float shade variation, efflorescence and shrinkage.
- A light rub with a gloved finger will consolidate and smooth the surface and reduce porosity.
- When the grout has sufficiently hardened, polish the tiled surface with a clean dry cloth.
Refer to below table for an approximate coverage for a 1kg bag of Selleys White For Life Powder Grout. Consumption varies based on the size and thickness of the tiles, joint width, wastage and method of application. Consider extra 5% to 10% to the recommended amounts to ensure that your entire project is covered.
- Clean up tools with water before grout hardens. Uncured product may be removed with water; cured product, however, can be removed by sanding and scraping.
- Work from the edges, allowing yourself a path to exit.
- Apply a generous amount of grout to the floor.
- Unequal amounts of water in different batches can lead to mottled coloration of the dried grout.
- Grout whitens on drying
- Prevent spilling any liquids or getting any dirt or contaminates on the grout lines for a full 24 hours.
- Allow to dry for 3 days before exposing to water in showers.
- Do not remix the product once it has started to harden.
*To maintain whiteness and long-term stain and mould resistance:
- Allow grout to set for 3 days before sealing with Selleys White For Life Sealer for maximum stain resistance.
- Re-apply sealer annually or whenever grout has been scrubbed hard.
- Clean grout and tiles regularly with Selleys White For Life Tile and Grout Cleaner to avoid build-up of soil or soap scum.
- Do not use harsh acidic cleaners.
- Areas subject to high foot traffic will require frequent cleaning.
- Clean up spills immediately. Grout will resist penetration by common stains up to 10 minutes
- Selleys White For Life Powder Grout is not suitable for permanent water immersion (e.g. swimming pools).
- Do not tile over cold substrates (less than 10°C) or when the temperature is above 35°C.
- Do not use in expansion or movement joints.
- Not suitable for joints wider than 5 mm.
- Avoid eye contact and repeated or prolonged skin contact. Wash hands after use. Keep out of reach of children.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
Storage and re-use
- Store in unopened package in a dry place.
- Use within 6 month of purchase.