Selleys White For Life Ready To Use Grout
Selleys White For Life Ready To Use Grout is a water-based easy to use, brilliant white grout, ideal for wall and floor tiles and for joints up to 5mm wide. It resists yellowing, staining or blackening, when used as a part of the Selleys White For Life™ Tiling System and as per pack directions*.
• Provides superior water resistance, mould and soap scum resistance
• White For Life – Always looks like new*
• Resists yellowing, staining and blackening*
• Crack resistant
• Sand free – resists scratching files
• Suitable for indoor wall and floor tiles
• Comes in a cartridge for minimum wastage
- 410g Cartridge
- 1.4kg Tub
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
- Showers (walls only)
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Ceramic tiles
- Porcelain tiles
- Stone tiles
- Most other tiles
How to use this product
- For new tiling jobs, use Selleys White For Life Tiling Adhesives. Ensure that the tile adhesive has set (usually 24-48hrs).
- Remove spacers, rake out excessive, dust, debris etc from the joints. If re-grouting remove old grout and clean thoroughly with Selleys Rapid Mould Killer and allow to dry. Do not grout at temperatures below 10°C, or in damp conditions.
- Before grouting, check ease of removal from matt or textured tile surfaces. Seal porous tiles before grouting or removal of grout from tiles will be difficult.
- Cut seal, screw on nozzle, cut to size. Apply with a caulking gun, forcing grout into joints (for cartridge only). Grout small areas at a time.
- Work the grout into the joints and smooth off using a rubber squeegee or grout float, moving diagonally across the joints with several passes to compact the grout lines and minimise the amount left on the face of the tiles – avoid moving along the joint as this removes grout from the joint.
Tip: hold float/squeegee at 45° angle; clean regularly. Clean up with water, before grout sets.
- Allow grout to firm up in joints for approx 20 min (longer in colder conditions).
- Using a damp (not wet) sponge, clean tile surfaces, by wiping lightly, in a circular motion. Finish with a single wipe diagonally across the tile with a clean damp ( not wet) sponge. Avoid repeated wiping as this may remove grout which is not yet fully set, from the joints.
- Buff and polish the tile surface, after 24hours, with a soft clean cloth. Use Selleys White For Life Grout Cleaner for any stubborn haze marks.
1 cartridge is sufficient for 2sqm of tiling (300mm x 30mm tiles; joint depth 5mm and width 3mm).
1.4kg is sufficient for 6sqm of tiling (300mm x 30mm tiles; joint depth 5mm and width 3mm).
*Clean up with water, before grout sets.
- If the grout is overworked or excessive water is used to smooth off, it may appear to shrink – simply apply a second coat to affected areas.
*To maintain whiteness and long term stain & mould resistance:
- Allow grout to set for 3 days before sealing Selleys White For Life Sealer for maximum stain resistance. Reapply sealer annually or whenever grout has been scrubbed hard.
- Clean grout and tiles regularly with Selleys White For Life Tile & Grout Cleaner to avoid build up of soil or soap scrum. Do not use harsh acidic cleaners.
- Areas subject to high foot traffic will require frequent cleaning.
- Clean up spills immediately – grout will resist penetration by common stains for up to 10 minutes.
- 1 cartridge is sufficient for 2m2 of tiling (300mm x 30mm tiles; joint depth 5mm & width 3mm)
- 1.4Kg is sufficient for 6m2 of tiling (300mm x 30mm tiles; joint depth 5mm & width 3mm)
- Not for areas frequently immersed in water eg. Shower floors.
- Allow to dry for 3 days before exposing grout to water on shower walls.
Storage and re-use
- Store in unopened package in a dry place.
- Use within 6 month of purchase.
- Avoid eye contact and repeated or prolonged skin contact. Wash hands after use. Keep out of reach of children.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.