Selleys White For Life Grout Sealer
Selleys White For Life Grout Sealer is designed to help protect grouts. It helps lock out water and oil-based stains, soil and mould, thereby enhancing the White For Life Grout resistance to yellowing, staining or blackening, when used as a system and as per pack directions*.
• Penetrate and seals grout for easier ongoing cleaning
• Superior water and oil-based stain resistance*
• Superior mould resistance*
• Easier application with sponge, cloth or brush
• Can be applied to tiles and grout. Easily cleaned off tiles before curing.
• Dries quickly
- 125mL Trigger spray
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
What materials is this product suitable for?
- White For Life Grout
How to use this product
- Grout surface must be dry, clean and free of any contaminants like waxes, sealers or finishes. Sealing over dirt and contaminants can make removal more difficult.
- Make sure grout lines aren’t cracked, chipped, or otherwise compromised before treating with a sealer.
- If applying to new grout, allow grout to dry for at least 3 days before applying sealer. Various grout have different drying times and instructions for their products. Always read the directions on your product before using the sealer.
- Existing grout should be cleaned, mould free and dried before resealing. If applying to existing grout, clean surfaces with Selleys White For Life Tile & Grout Cleaner. Clean mould affected surfaces thoroughly with Selleys Rapid Mould Killer and allow to dry, before applying sealer.
- Do not apply sealer below 10°C.
- Before applying sealer, check ease of removal and compatibility with tiles, by testing on a small inconspicuous area.
- Push the clear plastic lock on trigger clockwise to the open position.
- Spray liberally on to grout, saturating the surface. Push lock on trigger anticlockwise to close.
- Allow to penetrate grout for 1 hour.
- Wipe off overspray from face of tiles, using a clean white cloth or paper towel. Ensure that this overspray is wiped off within 2 hours of application to prevent sealer drying on the surface.
- Apply a second coat of sealer for maximum protection, and again allow to dry for 1 hour and wipe off overspray within 2 hrs. TIP: Test water repellency in various areas by applying drops of water and observing repellency. Re-apply sealer to areas that may have been missed.
- Clean up tools with water and wash hands after use.
- Always apply in small sections at a time.
- Start from the top of the wall and finish with the base and floor.
- Try to prevent spilling any liquids or getting any dirt or contaminates on the grout lines for a full 24 hours after sealing them.
- Sealing the grout in the morning or evening is recommended when temperature is above 30°C. Avoid sealing the grout in freezing cold temperatures.
- Always ensure that there are no puddles of sealer left in the grout lines. Too much sealer may cause discoloration of some grout types.
- Look at the tiles from different angles to ensure that there is no sealer residue or sealer haze left on the tile surfaces.
*To maintain whiteness and long-term stain and mould resistance:
- Re-apply sealer every 12 months or whenever grout has been scrubbed hard.
- Grout and tiles must be cleaned regularly with Selleys White For Life Tile & Grout Cleaner to avoid build-up of soil or soap scum.
- Do not use harsh acidic cleaners.
- Areas subject to high foot traffic will require frequent cleaning.
- Clean up spills immediately; grout will resist penetration by common stains up to 10 minutes
- Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals. Avoid using these strong chemicals on the grout sealer. If the grout surface is in repeated contact with these chemicals, consider re-sealing the grouting more often.
- Avoid eye contact and repeated or prolonged skin contact. Wash hands after use. Keep out of reach of children.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
Storage and re-use
- Store in a dry place below 30°C. Use within 6 month of opening.
- Do not allow to freeze.