Selleys White For Life Powder Tile Adhesive
Selleys White For Life Powder Tile Adhesive is a premium, cement-based, flexible, non-slump, wall and floor tile adhesive suitable for indoor tiling applications.
- Highly flexible
- High grab makeing it suitable for large tiles
- Fast setting
- Perfect for wall and floor tiles
- Water resistant – ideal for wet areas
- Suitable for interior and exterior tiling jobs
- Complies with Australian Standards CG2
- 2kg Tub
- 6kg Bucket
Where can this product be used?
- Showers (walls only)
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Cement render
- Fibre-cement sheets
- Most types of small to large wall tiles and dimensional stone (except moisture sensitive stone).
How to use this product
- Bonding surfaces must be sound, dry, clean and free of cracks and any contaminant like waxes, sealers, mould or curing compounds. Inadequate or incorrect surface preparation is a common cause of failure and unsatisfactory results.
- Ensure the surface and area that you are tiling is prepared, fixed and completely cured prior commencing tiling. Any fresh paint, membranes/ coatings, render or concrete must be allowed sufficient time to cure thoroughly before tiling is done. Allow cement render to cure for 7 days and concrete for 28 days. Fix plasterboard and fiber-cement sheets firmly and properly.
- Porous surfaces (e.g. fiber-cement sheet, cement render) must be primed with a suitable primer and wet areas like bathrooms and shower recesses must also be waterproofed with a suitable water-based waterproofing membrane.
- Where the first row of tiles is not supported by the floor or other firm base, temporary fastening of a timber panel is recommended to provide support for the tiles while the adhesive dries.
- Do not tile over cold substrates (less than 10°C) or when the temperature is above 35°C. Tiling in accordance with the AS3958.1 will help ensure best results. The size of trowel used when fixing different size tiles as per AS3958.1 guidelines:
- To mix 2kg of adhesive: Add 600mL of water to the bucket provided, and then slowly add the powder while mixing. Mixing paddle attached to a drill, makes mixing easier and faster. If mixing by hand, ensure there is no lump.
- Add no more than 4 table spoons of water to adjust to a creamy consistency while mixing. NOTE: TOO MUCH WATER WILL AFFECT APPLICATION AND PERFORMANCE.
- Allow mixture to stand for 5 mins, remix then use the adhesive. The adhesive can be mixed during tile application, but do not add more water.
- Spread the adhesive evenly onto surface using a notched trowel, working on about one square meter at a time. TIP: Hold the notched trowel at a 45° angle to get even coverage and notches. Adhesive bed thickness must be no less than 3 mm and no more than 12 mm..
- Place and fix each tile in position before the surface of the adhesive forms a surface skin.
- Adjusted and bed the tile to its final position with a firm push and a slight up and down movement across the notches of the adhesive so that full coverage is obtained to the back of the tile. Note that some larger or deeply keyed tiles may also require buttering of the adhesive onto the back of the tile to ensure full coverage.
- Use spacers to set the grout joints and to make small adjustments to the tile placement. This keeps all grout joints level and even. TIP: Wall tile spaces are usually 1.5 to 3 mm and floor tile spacers 3 to 5 mm wide. Ensure the spacers are pressed well below the surface of the tile so that they’ll be hidden once your floor is grouted.
- Check that tiles are level and use a rubber mallet to tap and level them lightly if required. Every now and then, lift a tile to check that it has complete coverage with the adhesive.
- Remove excess adhesive from face of tiles and joints with a damp cloth or sponge, before adhesive dries (20 min).
- Once the tiles have been laid, they must not be disturbed and not be subjected to foot traffic for at least 24 hours. Allow longer if cure temperatures are below 20°C.
Coverage per 2kg
- 1.5 square metre at depth of 6-8mm and tile size up to 250×250mm.
- 0.8 square metre at depth of 10-12mm and tile size of 250×250mm and over.
- Clean up tools with water before adhesive hardens. Uncured product may be removed with water; cured product, however, can be removed by sanding and scraping.
- When ordering tiles, add an extra 10% for waste and cuts (15% if laying diagonally).
- Pre-cut the tiles where required. Make sure that you cut the tile smaller than the space to allow for even grout joints.
- Always “dry lay” your tiles without adhesive prior to tiling to figure out your tile placement. It is the best way to avoid mistakes and find that you have the right amount of tiles or you need tile cutting before permanently gluing your tiles.
- If the mortar rises up between the tiles as you place them, the bed is too thick and you will need a smaller trowel.
- When tiling a floor, it is recommended to start from a central point and working your way out to each corner, one at a time.
- Do not use the spot fixing method.
- *Use Selleys White For Life Grout to achieve and maintain whiteness, stain and mould resistance.
- Selleys White For Life Powder Tile Adhesive is water resistant, however waterproofing of wet areas is essential prior to tiling.
- Do not allow adhesive to skin prior to laying tiles. If skinned, remove and dispose and apply fresh adhesive.
- Selleys White For Life Powder Tile Adhesive is not suitable for moisture sensitive stones
- Avoid eye contact and repeated or prolonged skin contact. Wash hands after use. Keep out of reach of children.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
Storage and re-use
- Store in unopened package in a dry place. Use within 6 month of purchase.