Selleys White For Life Ready To Use Tile Adhesive
Selleys White For Life ready to use tile adhesive is a premium, flexible, non-slump, wall and floor tile adhesive suitable for indoor tiling applications.
- Formulated using the purest white material available
- Highly flexible
- High grab makeing it suitable for large tiles
- Fast setting
- Perfect for wall and floor tiles
- For interior use only
- 1.6kg Tub
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Showers (walls only)
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Cement render
- Fibre-cement sheets
- Most types of small to large wall tiles and dimensional stone (except moisture sensitive stone).
How to use this product
- Surfaces must be sound, dry, clean and free of cracks and any contaminant like waxes, sealers, mould or curing compounds. Inadequate or incorrect surface preparation is a common cause of failure and unsatisfactory results.
- Ensure the surface and area that you are tiling is prepared, fixed and completely cured prior commencing tiling. Any fresh paint, membranes/ coatings, render or concrete must be allowed sufficient time to cure thoroughly before tiling is done. Allow cement render to cure for 7 days and concrete for 28 days. Fix plasterboard and fiber-cement sheets firmly and properly.
- Porous surfaces (e.g. fiber-cement sheet, cement render) must be primed with a suitable primer and wet areas like bathrooms and shower recesses must also be waterproofed with a suitable water-based waterproofing membrane.
- Where the first row of tiles is not supported by the floor or other firm base, temporary fastening of a timber panel is recommended to provide support for the tiles while the adhesive dries.
- Do not tile over cold substrates (less than 10 degrees C) or when the temperature is above 35 degrees C. Tiling in accordance with the AS3958.1 will help ensure best results. The size of trowel used when fixing different size tiles as per AS3958.1 guidelines:
- When tiling over waterproofing membrane the drying time will be slightly longer. Selleys White For Life Ready To Use Tile Adhesive is not for tiling non-porous tiles over non-porous substrates. Use Selleys White For Life Powder Tile Adhesive instead.
- Spread the adhesive evenly onto surface using a notched trowel, working on about one square meter at a time. TIP: Hold the notched trowel at a 45° angle against the wall to get even coverage and notches. Adhesive bed thickness must be no less than 3 mm and no more than 12 mm. Trowelling should be done horizontally on walls.
- Place and fix each tile in position before the surface of the adhesive forms a surface skin.
- Adjust and bed the tile to its final position by sliding it perpendicular to the notch pattern so that full coverage is obtained on the back of the tile. Note that some larger or deeply keyed tiles may also require buttering of the adhesive onto the back of the tile to ensure full coverage.
- Use spacers to set the grout joints and to make small adjustments to the tile placement. This keeps all grout joints level and even. TIP: Wall tile spaces are usually 1.5 to 3 mm wide and floor tile spacers 3 to 5 mm wide. Ensure the spacers are pressed well below the surface of the tile so that they’ll be hidden after grouting.
- Check that tiles are level and use a rubber mallet to tap and level them lightly if required. Every now and then, lift a tile to check that it has complete coverage with the adhesive.
- Remove excess adhesive from face of tiles and joints with a damp cloth or sponge, before adhesive dries (20 min).
- Once the tiles have been laid, they must not be disturbed and not be subjected to foot traffic for at least 24 hours. Allow longer if cure temperatures are below 20°C.
- 1 square metre at depth of 6mm.
Storage and re-use
- Store in properly closed/ sealed container in a cool place. Use within 6 month of purchase.
- Clean up tools with water before adhesive hardens. Uncured product may be removed with water; cured product, however, can be removed by sanding and scraping.
- When ordering tiles, add an extra 10% for waste & cuts (15% if laying diagonally).
- Pre-cut the tiles where required. Make sure that you cut the tile smaller than the space to allow for even grout joints.
- Always “dry lay” your tiles without adhesive prior to tiling to figure out your tile placement. It is the best way to avoid mistakes and find that you have the right amount of tiles or you need tile cutting before permanently gluing your tiles.
- If the mortar rises up between the tiles as you place them, the bed is too thick and you will need a smaller trowel.
- *Use Selleys White For Life Grout to achieve and maintain whiteness, stain and mould resistnace.
- Selleys White For Life Ready To Use Tile Adhesive is water resistence, however waterproofing of wet areas is essential prior to tiling.
- Not for areas frequently immersed in water eg. Shower floors and swimming pools – use Selleys White For Life Powder Tile Adhesive instead.
- Not for moisture sensitive tiles or for tiling floors subject to high traffic or for applying non-porous tiles over non-porous surfaces.