Liquid Nails® High Strength sausage
The high performance of Selleys Liquid Nails Construction Adhesive in an efficient sausage format. Complies with Australian Standard AS 2329-1999 Mastic Adhesives for fixing wallboards.
Liquid Nails High Strength sausage is a premium grade multipurpose construction adhesive that delivers a consistently strong and lasting bond on most building substrates including timber, plasterboard, mdf, particleboard, masonry, concrete, tiles and ceramics, metals, plastics, rubber and glass.
Liquid Nails sausage is suitable for the following applications:
- Sheet flooring to joists
- Metal or aluminium door strips to floors or walls
- Timber or fibre cement sheeting to cement block or brick walls
- Masonite / hardboard to timber or floor boards
- Wallboard or panelling to wood or metal frames
- Cork tiles to timber, fibre cement or plaster
- In the groove of tongue and groove flooring as it is installed to avoid later squeaking
Product Code: 9300697118448
- Size & Pack Type:600ml (680g) sausage
- Color: Beige
- Ease of use with the Selleys Sausage Gun (38cm)
- Each box of 10 Liquid Nails sausages contains the equivalent volume of at least 20 standard cartridges to halve the number of gun changeovers
- Up to 85% less packaging waste compared with cartridges to minimise disposal costs and contribution to landfill
- 2 spare gun nozzles per box of 10 Liquid Nails sausages
- Liquid Nails formulation delivers response flexibility so your bond stays stronger for longer. (Liquid Nails is flexible enough to respond to normal shrinkage and thermal movement between building components without loosing bond strength.)
- Excellent resistance to water and weather makes it suitable for interior and exterior applications
- Easy to extrude at low winter temperatures
- Fast grab and rapid cure, but does not skin too quickly, thus ensuring good wetting out on to surfaces to be bonded
- Adheres well to wet or poorly seasoned timber in cold weather
- Does not roll off when applied onto wet timber, even in cold weather
- Resistant (after full cure) to heat to 90°C and cold to –10°C. See “Application Tips” below
- Does not drip, sag or string between panels
- Bridges gap up to 9mm hence can be used on rough and ill-fitting construction materials
- Dried adhesive is paintable
- Should not be applied at temperatures below –5°C
- Not recommended for tightly clamped joints; e.g. cabinet making or joinery
- Liquid Nails Fast is preferred for styrene foam
- Not suitable for use on mirrors
- Bonds weaken at high temperatures (e.g. above 50°C). Avoid bonding metal or heavy materials which will be heated by direct sun, e.g. to metal roofing and siding. (Consult Selleys about particular applications subject to heating.)
- Not suitable for bonding materials in areas which will be constantly damp or wet
Pre-test plastics to determine compatibility.
Technical Details and Performance
Time for strong bond depends on nature and condition of application. In most situations** strong bond can be achieved after 24 hours and will continue to strengthen over 2-3 day period. Full cure up to 7 days.
Curing is achieved by evaporation of solvent. Time to achieve full strength is increased: at constant low temperatures; when thick applications (joints) are used; wide areas are bonded; when bonded surfaces are impervious (e.g. metals and dense timbers). When fixing sheet flooring (e.g. particle board), use in conjunction with flooring manufacturers installation specifications for minimum nailing requirements. Note: to eliminate squeaks in tongue and groove flooring, apply a bead of liquid nails into the groove of each board when installing. Approx 6m2 (2 standard sheets) of wall paneling or up to 15 metres of 5mm bead.
Indicative information only, not to be used for setting specifications.
Blend of synthetic resins and filters dispersed in low molecular weight liquid hydrocarbon
Beige coloured thixotropic paste
Thermal Stability (When stored in cartridge)
Exceeds 7 days (Complies with all tests after storage in unopened container @40ºC)
Not more than 6mm
Flow & Transfer
Exceeds 75% transfer after 15 minutes
20- 30 minutes (depending on prevailing conditions)
Initial Bond Strength in Tensile Shear
Exceeds 200 kPa at 24 hours
Bond Strength in Tensile Shear (Dry and wet substrate)
Exceeds 1 MPa
Bond Strength in Peel
Static Load in Shear
Exceeds 10 days sustaining a 40N load @40ºC
After Accelerated Aging
Test assemblies meet or exceed requirements after 500 hours @ 70ºC
Selleys Sausage Gun (38cm) is specifically designed to discharge product packaged in the commonly used cylindrical sausage packs up to 600mL in volume. Selleys Sausage Gun is ideal for...