Liquid Nails Direct Stick timber flooring adhesive
A single pack moisture curing polyurethane based adhesive.
Bonding timber overlay, parquet and composite flooring, timber, MDF particle board and concrete. Ideal for use in multi-level dwellings to limit impact noise transmission through timber overlay flooring.
Product Code: 9300697113672
- Size & Pack Type: 14kg
- Color: Brown
- Coverage: 20m2
Product Code: 9300697114686
- Size & Pack Type: 700g Sausage
- Color: Brown
- Coverage: 1m2
- Meets Total VOC Limits required by Green Building Council of Australia IEQ – 13.2 (V3 2008) for wood flooring adhesives
- Low odour
- Excellent bond strength
- Rapid cure
- Good wet grab and initial hold
- Designed to expand (high density foam) to maximise bond footprint
- Sanding can normally commence next day
- Low slump – thixotropic product
- No TDI
- Suitable for use in an acoustic timber flooring system. Liquid Nails Direct Stick is ideal for use in multi-level dwellings to limit impact noise transmission through timber overlay flooring.
- Suitable for wide boards.
- Requires atmospheric moisture to cure
- Must not be applied below 5°C
- Do not apply in greater thicknesses than that allowed by specified trowel (side movement and/or lifting may occur)
- Selleys Technical Services should be consulted if any doubt exists in respect to floor contamination, or any concerns in relation to moisture*
- Should a self-levelling compound be required, consult manufacturer in relation to drying times and appropriate priming to adhere the compound to the substrate
- To protect timber from concrete slab moisture use Liquid Nails VBS Vapour Barrier*
Use as part of an Acoustic Timber Flooring System
Liquid Nails Direct Stick adhesive is suitable for use in an acoustic timber flooring system. CSIRO testing of Liquid Nails Direct Stick with A1 Rubber AcoustaMat and plywood on a CSIRO compliant concrete slab of 150mm thickness, exceeded the Building Code of Australia requirement of Lnw + CI not more than 62.
- Apply Liquid Nails VBS Vapour Barrier to seal the concrete slab
- Apply a coating of Liquid Nails Direct Stick over VBS Vapour Barrier
- Install the rubber matting
- Apply Liquid Nails Direct Stick to the top of the rubber matting
- Install a layer of plywood
- Apply Liquid Nails Direct Stick to the top of the plywood
- Install the timber overlay flooring. Refer to the detailed “Product Application Information” sheet for full instructions
Technical Details and Performance
For strip flooring, trowel onto substrates with the recommended notched trowel (5mm wide by 6mm high V notches at 25mm centres). For parquetry blocks a finer & closer notched trowel is required to avoid excess adhesive; e.g. a 2.4mm wide x 2.4mm high v-notches at 4.8 centre. (Consult “Product Application Information” sheet available from Selleys).
Indicative information only, not to be used for setting specifications.
1.5 – 2m2 per litre, dependent on application technique, substrate and porosity
Normally floors can be walked on after 12 hours. Full cure 7 days.
Normally sanding can commence next day (12 hours). In cold weather allow minimum 24 hours.
Approximately 30 minutes once applied, depending on ambient conditions
170,000 CPS, @ 25°C, 50% R.H.
12 months in unopened container. Opened cans may skin on the surface and this may be cut off and remaining product used.
7.0Mpa lap shear
Use of the appropriate trowel is essential. It ensures better coverage and provides better value.
Liquid Nails Direct Stick is easy to trowel. When spreading, the consistency of the adhesive forms ridges that do not slump. This results in better contact for bonding on uneven substrates and vertical surfaces. IMPORTANT: It is essential for best results and coverage that the appropriate trowel be used.