The hero of your garage is of course the garage door. After all, without it, it’s merely a glorified cave! While your garage door provides a physical barrier to the outside world, it also offers so many other benefits to keep your garage secure, warm, quiet – and convenient. Stephanie Paul from B&D Garage Doors – Australia’s most trusted & reliable brand in Garage Doors – explains how updating your garage door can make all the difference:
“When we choose a new garage door, typically the most important job it has to do is secure our things. However, what many people don’t realise is that with ordinary garage doors don’t actually lock. The good news is that with B&D’s patented Auto-Lock system, yours can,” Stephanie explains.
But security aside, Garage Doors also offer improved street appeal, convenience, warmth and reduce noise – and above all, peace of mind.
“A new garage door can add up to $30,000 to the value of your home – so for around $2,000 - $4,000 you can make a big impact on the façade of your home”.
B&D’s Garage Door visualiser allows you to upload a photo of your home to see the improvement a beautiful new garage door could make on your home. But it’s not all about good looks.
“Contactless home deliveries are now more important than ever. Our Smart Phone Control system allows you to operate your garage door from anywhere – open it a little to allow your courier to slip your online shopping delivery under the garage door, out of harm’s way. Insulated B&D doors are the perfect addition when you’re looking to use your garage as a flexible space – not to mention reducing road noise!” Stephanie explains. “But perhaps what’s most important is the 10-year Total Confidence Warranty that stands behind every motorised B&D Garage Door. Now that’s true peace of mind.”
Garage door aside – there are of course many other simple improvements you can make to your garage to transform this often forgotten space.
- Paint the floor: A protective coating like the Berger Jet Dry Heavy Duty paint applied to the floor can be a simple way to improve the appearance of the space. Try a light colour like “Silver Slipper” to brighten up darker garages
- Seal it up: There’s nothing worse than drafts, dust and dirt in your garage. Spend some time seeking out any gaps in the walls of your garage and fill them with either Selleys No More Big Gaps for those larger hidden gaps, or try Selleys No More Gaps - Exterior & Weatherboard (Exterior) or Selleys No More Gaps – Multipurpose (interior) for gaps between architraves and your brickwork
- Up your storage game: Storage is king when it comes to your garage – and there’s been no better time to get this space into tip top shape! Start by sorting what’s currently in your garage into a ‘keep’, ‘donate’ and ‘discard’ pile. Once you’re down to your ‘keep’ pile, it’s time to sort it and store it. There are many flat packed shelving systems available on the market, which are best coupled with some consistent plastic storage containers and clear labelling. You will thank yourself next time you’re looking for that elusive set of ski gloves or tent pegs!
- Make the most of the wall and ceiling space: Walls and ceilings are prime real estate in your garage. If you have a roller garage door, you may be able to utilise the ceiling for storage of flat, lightweight items that you infrequently use – think surfboards, skis or even left overbuilding products like pipes and MDF sheets. There are ceiling shelving and wall hook systems available that are a simple way to make the most of this space. Walls are a great spot to hang your garden tools and brooms using large hooks available from all good hardware stores.
- Get creative! Don’t be afraid to have a bit of fun with the paint colours in this space! Could you paint a blackboard onto a wall to encourage creativity – or keep score of the game of darts? Perhaps a creative mural with some abstract shapes and complimentary colours? The possibilities are endless!
So consider your garage for your next home improvement project. It’s a space often overlooked, but one full of possibilities as an excellent additional place for more than just storage – not to mention an opportunity to improve your home security and add significant value to your home!
B&D is pleased to offer both face to face and virtual mobile garage door showroom consultations. To arrange a free consultation, simple visit www.bnd.com.au/measure-quote or call 13 62 63