- Ensure surfaces are free from oil, grease and dust. Wipe off any pooled water from wet timber.
- Cut cartridge tip, fit nozzle and cut to desired opening (5mm) then insert into caulking gun.
- Apply bead using caulking gun, along length of joist, stud or batten. On broad flat surfaces apply beads every 40cm.
- Position pieces and press firmly together. Fix with sufficient nails, screws or clamping to hold load and achieve contact over total bond area. Repositionable for up to 20 minutes after fitting.
- Allow adhesive to set (minimum 24 hours**) before removing any temporary fasteners or clamping. Use with mechanical fasteners in high stress applications
Contact Bond Method
For immediate bond use contact bond method, apply to one surface only, press together and pull apart. Allow surfaces to dry 2-5 minutes, before firmly joining.
Use in conjunction with manufacturers installation requirements. To eliminate squeaks in tongue and groove flooring, apply a bead of Liquid Nails® Original into groove of each board when installing.
- *Pre test plastics to determine compatibility. Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon, silicone or polystyrene.
- **Usually a strong bond is achieved in 24 hours and continues to strengthen over 2-3 days. Cures in 7 days. Expect longer times for thicker applications, less porous surfaces and in cold weather.
- Avoid use in tightly clamped joints eg. Cabinet making or joinery.
- Not for use on mirrors. Use Liquid Nails® Mirror Metal & Glass.
- Not for metals heated by direct sunlight. Bonds weaken at higher temperatures. Use Liquid Nails® Mirror Metal & Glass.
- Not for Styrene Foam. Use Liquid Nails® Fast Grab.
- Do not use as the sole bonding agent for structural bonding.
- Not for permanent water immersion.